Discuss 24v Transformer specs in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lektron

DIY
Reaction score
I’m building a vacuum exposure unit…..and so I’m sourcing a 24v transformer to match load of 24v timer…….timer will control qty 10 x 18 watt fluorescent bulbs. ….Apart from the transformer being 24v do I need to pay attention to any other transformer detail…such as the amperage and wattage of the transformer? ….,And if so what additional transformer values should I be sourcing so it is suitable for the timer? I am a DIYer but exposure unit is a common diy job shared on social media (…..minus the finer detail ofcourse)

24v ac or 24v dc is one of the important questions.
you need to check the timer is suitable for switching inductive loads of the amount you have ie. 10 x 18w tubes is 180w of inductive load.

Thanks for your response James. My timer spec sheet offers the following information but nothing which appears to indicate
you need to check the timer is suitable for switching inductive loads of the amount you have ie. 10 x 18w tubes is 180w of inductive load.
Hi James. Thanks for your reponse.
My timer spec sheet offers the following information;
Omron source
12 to 24 VAC ; 24 VDC / 50-60 hz
Power consumption - 5.1VA / 2.4W.
24VAC /12 to 24 VDC
Omron Output - 2.3W 4.6VA max
Switching capacity 5mA min

I’m guessing in there is possibly helpful info…. so your advice greatly appreciated. ……I’m supposing that the timer device is designed for heavy loads…..but appreciate this isn’t plug and play.

Reply to 24v Transformer specs in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net