Discuss accenta alarms in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

andy1494

hi there need some help or adivise, i have installed at home an old accenta alarm what version it is i dont no there no marking on it, what i am asking if possible the keypad has never worked, i taken all 6 wires when out of the blue the alarm went of, can i replace first the keypad with a normal accenta one + can i replace the old alarm box out side with a new one as when the alarm went off i pulled the wires out plus the box shatterd with old age any help please with this tia

hi there i have manage to swap the keypad, but i am lost with the new bellbox i just purchased an honeywell AG6 sounder & strobe but the connection on it are as follows =

ST
R
SW
V+
V-

looking at my old box the connection are as follows

ST + blue
ST - Green
SCB red = t
SCB Black a
BELL + yellow
BELL - White
and a red 13v black -

i am know lost how to wire this new box any help please tia

in my panel i have
strobe- = yellow
scb T = white
scb a = green
bell + = red
bell - = black

in bell box
stb- = yellow
trig- = black
hold off - = green
hold off + = red
rtn = white

hopefully this can help

in my panel i have
strobe- = yellow
scb T = white
scb a = green
bell + = red
bell - = black

in bell box
stb- = yellow
trig- = black
hold off - = green
hold off + = red
rtn = white

hopefully this can help

my old bell box i pulled all the wires out when it fell apart with age and i could not switch off the alarm

the panel if i am correct is

st + blue
st - green
scb red = t
scb balck = a
bell yellow = +
bell white = -
also red 13v + abd black 22 -

that why am lost

bell box
is it a intellisense

ST- = yellow
R- = white
SW = black
V+ =red
V- =green

at panel
STrobe + nothing on a newaccenta or optima
STrobe - =yellow
SCB = T = white
SCB =A = green
BELL + D= red
BELL - B = black
failing that mate not sure with it being a older panel you seem to have more connections at the panel
or buy a new accenta panel and wire as above

sorry cant help more try asking forum member alarm man

panel & box.jpgpanel keypad.jpg

box.jpg

this is what i was told

this is what i was told to do

Panel AG6
T...... R
A..... V-
ST-..... ST
D..... V+
B..... SW

which meant i did

st - green

r red

sw - white

v+ yellow

v- black

hi there need some help or adivise, i have installed at home an old accenta alarm what version it is i dont no there no marking on it, what i am asking if possible the keypad has never worked, i taken all 6 wires when out of the blue the alarm went of, can i replace first the keypad with a normal accenta one + can i replace the old alarm box out side with a new one as when the alarm went off i pulled the wires out plus the box shatterd with old age any help please with this tia

First of all take a picture of the actual panel as there is about 10 versions of it basically this panel started life as a Optima 30 years ago and the latest editions are just updated versions of a good panel. RKP need to know what version you have.

Alarm going off when disconnecting cables Well yes that is the case the panel has a 230v supply that is transformed down to 12vdc so the alarm can activate with the power switched off and the panel battery is disconnected why because the sounder box outside has its own independant power cell or battery that will activate it when the power and battery is removed from the panel.

From memory, the Concept was the first Accenta panel to have a remote key pad, and that the new version of RKP is not backward compatible with the Concept. A new outside siren/SAB has the same connection arrangements in the main as older ones.
TBH, at the cost of the Accenta panels, buy a new one complete with LCD RKP and treat yourself to a new bell box at the same time.
Regards.

Last edited:

Reply to accenta alarms in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net