Discuss Advice on further progression in the industry in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Chaps

Would like to try better my knowledge on the design side of the commercial electrical environment.
Installation side of things are fine have experience of this.

Could anyone please recommend any courses/ further advice that may be beneficial for me.
Bearing in mind it's been about 9 years since my college days so more than a little rusty on the theory side of things.

My back ground is as follows:

38 Years old, got into industry at age of 26.
3 years college, self funded day release.
Completed NVQ3 & 2391.
Approved JIB.
65% Commercial, 15%light industrial, 20%domestic experience for first 8.5 years with variety of bigger firms.
Set up on my own as DI 3.5 years ago : 85% domestic work/ 15% light commercial

Work is going really well with some decent regular established contracts.
But to progress to further I need more knowledge on the design side.
Being offered some decent jobs to price but feel out of my depth e.g 2000sq'ft Primary school extension.

Thank you for your time

Sy

Last edited:
for industrial you can concentrate on switchgear and power distribution and analysis
or automation controls and design.
engineering as well.as youve had some experience in industrial you already have a foot in the door so to speak
research the colleges in your area for any courses you can sign up for to augment the skills you already have

Reply to Advice on further progression in the industry in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net