Discuss advice on protection of cable through concrete in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

alex789

Hello everyone,

Im having my garden paved so whilst the floor is dug up, I want to run electric to a corner where my bbq will be,

the builer is going to concrete floor then slab, im planning on running a supply from my garage in the concrete, ill be using 4mm cable and running it in conduit through the concrete,

im going to have an exterion waterproof socket and switch for garden lights...is that correct method of doing it?

Also just to add, im a qualified gas engineer so i have basic understanding of electric, cheers alex

How deep below FFL will the cable by buried in the concrete? What type of cable are you planning to use?

Its about 6 inches below ground level, cable is 4mm twin and earth i think you sparkys call it, is that correct cable to use

Thanks will use that then, does that need to be sleeved aswell? im going to be putting hot+cold pipes in a sleeve, so i could sleeve that also or no need?

the electrician(s) you get round to quote for the job will advise that...

Thanks will use that then, does that need to be sleeved aswell? im going to be putting hot+cold pipes in a sleeve, so i could sleeve that also or no need?
I'm puzzled - hot and cold pipes running to your out door BBQ?

Yes mate, next to my barbeque will be a sink and a few sockets, it's a a must when your greek lol

Yes mate, next to my barbeque will be a sink and a few sockets, it's a a must when your greek lol

Greek or Cypriot?? The weekend aroma of summer!! lol! :tongue:
Not sure how much use you'll manage to get out of your BBQ on weekends in the UK mind!! lol!!:teeth_smile:

Reply to advice on protection of cable through concrete in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net