Discuss Advise regarding relays in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

U

underpar12

Called to agents shop today no sign lights , on further investigation I think it could be the relay, the relay supplies a couple of timed circuits. two circuits work fine and the sign light do not .not sure how the relays work never fitted one before .

Terminals 2 & 7 are the coil terminals, which is where the input from the timeclock or photocell etc connect. The rest are common, NO & NC terminals depending on what you are trying to achieve.

If the relay is switching lights then the NO terminals will be used.

If it's a neon sign and the relay/contactor is testing fine then check that kids haven't played with the firemans switch.

images.jpeg

Thanks for reply ,the relay looks very busy inside the enclosure with cables in connector blocks .what confused me is the relay is switching two circuits ok. The relay is very hot to touch.think I will be changing tomorrow.

If the relay has 3 ccts connected to it and 2 of them are working then it's a fair bet that it's not the relay that's the problem. Just test it first, it will probably saveyou time and money that way. They can feel pretty warm to touch, if it doesn't smell like burning or overheating then don't worry about it being warm.

Reply to Advise regarding relays in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Guys I've fitted a few emergency lighting circuits to both domestic and commercial installs before, I've come across one I can't get my head...
Replies
Views
Hi Pretty new here, so not sure if this question goes into this thread I am not an electrician; however, I plan to integrate IOT devices and...
Replies
Views
Ferrets are known for being small, resourceful, and incredibly clever. They can solve many problems by fitting into tight spaces and doing jobs us...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Had a call out today about an odd issue with a newish Creda DT storage heater. Basically.. Storage heaters were installed in one flat...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I have some industrial lighting circuits to wire in a workshop and was after some fresh ideas/suggestions as to how i could best do this...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock