Discuss Anyone fitted rointe heaters in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

robsparky1975

Hi all,

Has anyone fitted any fairly new to the market rointe(the manufacturer)heaters,my local wholesalers has a display stand and after reading a brochure they look like the next big thing,a builder i know needs me to quote for a rewire and he plans to use storage heaters,but with energy prices always rising,these seem like an alternative,so hence the question has anyone fitted any yet,they claim to be really good,and the energy consumption as compared to other forms of heating is a lot less,worked out to be the same price as storage heaters,but with anything that i have not seen that is tried and trusted i will try to get some feedback.

I have and think they are amazing, I have done 6 houses/flats with them and a cheaper on line version (not city) and had no complaints, they use very little amps, look good and work well

We fitted them instead of storage heaters and the client was well please with the ease of controlling them, as for cost savings i am not a big believer in some of the junk the ads spite out,to me a heater that uses 3kw uses 3kw no matter how you box it up, but controlling that 3kw is another matter and these do seem to do it OK

They are a little bit bulky to me but not bad to look at fixed to the wall not free standing

The Rointe heaters are very good, I've fitted plenty and had nothing but positive feedback. They do need to be sized about right; if too few elements are installed it will take ages for them to back down on their stats and the efficiency is then down. I have had poor heaters delivered from the national wholesaler that's supposed to be the main dealer in the UK including wrong sizes delivered and too many with manufacturers dinks in the metal work. For my last few houses I've used CJ Electrical in Ipswich (theheatershop online). Delivery is first class, all heaters have been in good order and they're about 40% cheaper than the big wholesaler.:smile:

I fitted about a dozen into some offices last year, one advantage in that sort of environment is that once programmed, they can be locked to prevent tampering!.
The remote programmer is handy if you are putting a few in with the same settings.

Fitted them once. Really good. But a bit complicated to operate for some people.After all its how you program it that saves you money.Maybe not great for older folk.Had one that came locked and could only be unlocked by the ir programmer . Rep supplied one for free. Just as well, they're £100.

Reply to Anyone fitted rointe heaters in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net