Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Assessment in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

markb

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi just going to have my first part p assessment in a couple of weeks and would just like to know, if for the big job would a 2.5/B16 freezer only final circuit install be okay for major.

And for the minor work say a twin socket outlet change/or spur of a ring
i know that i should really inform labc before hand will this hinder the assessment process,

Thanks

Aico 3000 Range
N

not clever

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Who are you going with?

So long as both jobs are upto scratch cant see why not, but they may only give limited scope if you pass the assessment, as neither of these works are taxing are they.

J

johnnyb

I agree with not clever, have you no rewires or the like to take him to, as i think a bigger job than you have mentioned would show a little bit better mate.

M

markb

Thats great just what i didnt want to hear only had a new c/u put in a few months ago, going with nic wondering if i should try and change things now, its just that if they say a final circuit is a major, in turn it should adequate for full scope.

S

Spudnik

Minor works are for any work that does not include the provision of a new new circuit, so a spur would be fine.

However, a major would ideally be at a minimum, a CU change.

I would suggest you contact the scheme provider and ask them.

Good luck!

Minor works are for any work that does not include the provision of a new new circuit, so a spur would be fine.

However, a major would ideally be at a minimum, a CU change.

I would suggest you contact the scheme provider and ask them.

Good luck!
i am with jason on this one ;)
i am sure nic give you examples of whats acceptable on their website but a cu change and a spur off the ring is what i used and were good enough

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

Reply to Assessment in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom