Discuss Bonding of cast iron toilet waste?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Years ago worked in my sisters house in Kent, it was a old farmhouse.

The first time I had encountered a TT system , and never have since.

I had to put in multiple rods to get Zs down and local electrician came round, used to working in that area, tested them with his probe meter into ground.

But their was a cast soil stack , and he made me bond it like a main gas/water pipe, as remember having to run a very long cable through the house back to the board and it was not an easy run.

Never knew you could get massive earth clamp, but local electrical place said it was really common in that area.

Also made me supplementry bond it to rest of Bathroom pipework.

But as never encountered it since , never thought about it, until seeing this thread.

Reply to Bonding of cast iron toilet waste?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Curious about supplementary bonding, I have these two 4mm Cables loose and not connected to anything in my parents house. I presume they are for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi there, I’m a new member to the forum and felt like I could do with some additional insight into a fault I came across on a call-out at the...
Replies
Views
Those week I have mostly been fitting 20 x 10W flood lights on the sloping edge of a converted mill ceiling, nothing is straight, nothing level...
Replies
Views
Hey all :-) Hope its chill that I'm here asking questions, I just inherited this old decrepit place in NSW (Australia) and went to wash my hands...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I need some help with an electrical issue I'm experiencing. I recently created a new circuit for an electric oven at my friend's...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock