Discuss Buzzing Electrics in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi eveyone

Just had a customer ring up saying that they have had a buzzing noise which seems to mainly coming from the C/h bolier and immersion heater?? I a gas engineer was on site saying that theres nothing wrong with the boiler and that it was some kind of electrical fault. I'm sorry I don't have anything more to go on until I go and take a look, but not sure where to start. I know that certain dimmer stiches can be noisy, but this has got me beat.
Any help with would be most welcome and I'll report back as to what it was hupefully.

Many Thanks
Steve

Could be a loose connection somewhere, the cable is still located in the housing but the terminal screw is not secure causing an arc and a little bit of buzzing.

Regards wa

Had one last week, customer heard buzzing noise from under stairs where CU was located. I didn't hear it but decided to check CU, some of the terminal screws on the MCB were loose and a couple of the cables were clamped on the insulation.
Haven't heard from them since.

Had one last week, customer heard buzzing noise from under stairs where CU was located. I didn't hear it but decided to check CU, some of the terminal screws on the MCB were loose and a couple of the cables were clamped on the insulation.
Haven't heard from them since.

house burnt down maybe?? lol

Hi eveyone

Just had a customer ring up saying that they have had a buzzing noise which seems to mainly coming from the C/h bolier and immersion heater?? I a gas engineer was on site saying that theres nothing wrong with the boiler and that it was some kind of electrical fault. I'm sorry I don't have anything more to go on until I go and take a look, but not sure where to start. I know that certain dimmer stiches can be noisy, but this has got me beat.
Any help with would be most welcome and I'll report back as to what it was hupefully.

Many Thanks
Steve

Maybe a transformer in the boiler?

Not sure about the immersion heater though.

Have heard mcb's loaded to the limit buzz quite loud a few times now , but thats obviously only in the cu !
My money is on a boiler transformer , as for the immersion heater they do make a bit of a noise when heating anyway , maybe they are just looking for something now ?

Reply to Buzzing Electrics in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net