Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Can anyone help me with sort of plumbing problem, please. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I had a new bathroom fitted about 4 years ago, very nice and there weren't any electrical woks, now that's out of the way, down to my dilemma, the curved glass shower screen has a seal on the bottom, which unfortunately has, due to constant use, decided to fall apart.
Now before you all start, I have been to the Sheds, fancy bathroom shops, plumb base, in fact I now know where most builders merchants, plumbing outlets, etc are in N/ton, anyone got any ideas as to where I could look next, replacements such as they are, are not cheap "£20 plus. Please help I am getting Tinnitus from the constant nagging from my lady Wife, no Sarcastic comments please, only useful suggestions will be tolerated.

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

James

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
send us some pictures?

in the mean time some ear plugs maybe?

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Do you have a link to the £20 plus item. May help us with looking

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Make your own seal with silicone & cornstarch.

SJD

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Several sellers on eBay, with a range of strips for different thickness of glass and different depth to cover. I've bought several replacements that way.

The last one I bought was from Shower Seal (UK) Ltd.

stevethesparks

-
Arms
Esteemed
There's an independent plumbing shop in St James's (WeedonRoad) on the corner of Glasgow street. Its been revamped of late, so not sure if they still stock parts but has always been very helpful in the past.

S

Squid

I had a new bathroom fitted about 4 years ago, very nice and there weren't any electrical woks.
So while you are having a number 2 you are making a stir fry in your bathroom, weird.......... and there must be something about cooking appliances not allowed in the bathroom.

Screenshot 2019-06-03 at 15.41.06.jpg

S

Squid

Do you know who manufactured the shower screen and they "may" send you out a free replacement.

Spoon

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
So while you are having a number 2 you are making a stir fry in your bathroom, weird.......... and there must be something about cooking appliances not allowed in the bathroom.

View attachment 49771
Chinese food can go through your system pretty quickly, so it's always a good idea to replenish it as quick as possible.... Hence the wok in the bog..

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks to all for your replies, going to try the Uni blade that looks good thanks all again, will leave what I have at present, but if it fails will defo go to Uni blade looks just the ticket will let you know, WOW help on plumbing from an electrical forum can't do better than that can you?

S

Squid

I suppose the rice is cooked in the "pan" with one of those electric coil heaters........

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
i would say call a plumber or a bathtroom fitter, but can't stand the flak. :eek::eek::eek:.

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
i would say call a plumber or a bathtroom fitter, but can't stand the flak. :eek::eek::eek:.
I knew I would get some flak from certain areas, but I was desperate, nice one Tel

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to Can anyone help me with sort of plumbing problem, please. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
Top Bottom