Discuss caning the Electrical Trainee in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

You all know my view on this. A national register is the only way forward.

You can not learn a trade in five weeks and the sooner you get shut of the wanabe’s and the blood sucking scams the better.

You let it happen, only you have the power to get rid of them. Stand up for yourself and your trade!

To be honest I couldn’t give a ----, it’s not my problem. I’ve never worked in the domestic sector.

Be proud of your achievements! Shout them out, you are qualified!
Unlike the Electrical Trainee’s
I don’t care who I upset with this post. It is what I firmly believe.

tbf, he wasn't, the agency were.

He obviously signed up with the agency and told them he was "qualified" when he did not understand what he was qualified for

Really given opinion on this a dozen times...but you can blame whomever suits,but the situation is merely a result of market forces working between directives. This,we know,has, and will occur regardless.

Given the recent developments in the scam register the only market forces at work are those of Clancy & co who seem to force government policy to suit their own ends

I have,and will continue to have the same ideology on this matter,tickets,qualifications,training,experience and "club" membership mean nowt. You are either competent,or you are not,the end.

Without qualifications,training and experience how do you measure or quantify competence. Competence is not only being able to turn up on site and do the job it's being able to handle the theory and select the correct materials to name a couple of the many skills needed

You all know my view on this. A national register is the only way forward.

You can not learn a trade in five weeks and the sooner you get shut of the wanabe’s and the blood sucking scams the better.

You let it happen, only you have the power to get rid of them. Stand up for yourself and your trade!

To be honest I couldn’t give a ----, it’s not my problem. I’ve never worked in the domestic sector.

Be proud of your achievements! Shout them out, you are qualified!
Unlike the Electrical Trainee’s
I don’t care who I upset with this post. It is what I firmly believe.

Well said

He obviously signed up with the agency and told them he was "qualified" when he did not understand what he was qualified for

Given the recent developments in the scam register the only market forces at work are those of Clancy & co who seem to force government policy to suit their own ends

Without qualifications,training and experience how do you measure or quantify competence. Competence is not only being able to turn up on site and do the job it's being able to handle the theory and select the correct materials to name a couple of the many skills needed

Well said

government wants to bend....to certain stuff...

its all about the £££££££££££££££££££££

I have spent the last year trying to get my Australian license.. I was knocked back the first time because I completed my apprenticeship in 3 years 8 months and I had to prove I completed at least 4 years.. All Certs there and gold JIB card with the application. Still got knocked back... Anyway after another $1000 and "tweaking" the application it recently come back approved. Very happy but just applied for my A grade now I have the trade recognition. As much as I Have hated this costly process it filters out guys who aren't qualified or experienced enough to be classed as an electrician.. Out here your either a sparky ( licensed ) or your just a TA (trade assistant) no if butts or Electrical Trainee.

I have spent the last year trying to get my Australian license.. I was knocked back the first time because I completed my apprenticeship in 3 years 8 months and I had to prove I completed at least 4 years.. All Certs there and gold JIB card with the application. Still got knocked back... Anyway after another $1000 and "tweaking" the application it recently come back approved. Very happy but just applied for my A grade now I have the trade recognition. As much as I Have hated this costly process it filters out guys who aren't qualified or experienced enough to be classed as an electrician.. Out here your either a sparky ( licensed ) or your just a TA (trade assistant) no if butts or Electrical Trainee.

At least Australia maintain their standards
Do you have to renew your licence periodically if so how much does that cost
Knowing what UK governments are like they would probably charge a few thousand pounds to introduce the same sort of licensing system

At least Australia maintain their standards
Do you have to renew your licence periodically if so how much does that cost
Knowing what UK governments are like they would probably charge a few thousand pounds to introduce the same sort of licensing system

.yeah none of this applying to a JIB type company it's all governed by each States government that's who issues the licenses etc I think the license lasts for 3 years in the NT but might change state to state.. Each state has it's own electrical licenses which is abit stupid but it's $50 to transfer apart for WA which is around $300 for some reason.. $50 to apply for the license initially which is good once you have your trade recognised

Everyone and his dog knows that an electrician is a tradesman, and that tradesmen need to do a 3 /4 year apprenticeship/training course!! Anyone that is daft enough to think that it can be done in 17 days/5 weeks deserves to have his money taken off him. The real truth of the matter is, that these guy's (gal's) know full well that these courses are a BACK DOOR into the electrical industry. Most won't even have the basic ability in math to even have a hope in hell of becoming an electrician....

So sorry i don't have much sympathy for these people at all.

I agree that it is naïve/foolish to think that you can become a sparky in 5 weeks. I can't agree that they deserve it, nobody deserves to have there hard earned cash taken from them under false pretences

Reply to caning the Electrical Trainee in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net