Discuss Chinese copy of Honeywell t6360c warming up in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yonny24

DIY
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Moved in to a new house last year. We have underfloor heating in all of the rooms. 10 zones.
I see they have chinese copies of Honeywell t6360c thermostats. 10 years old.

First test I noticed the thermostats turn off after about 5-10 minutes.
The thermostat housing where the side switch is located warms up and of course heats up the coil giving a false temperature switching it off.

The wires on this switch inside seems to be of a thin gauge!!(much thinner than the load) Chinese copies I'm not surprised. The load travels through this switch.
So I bypassed the switch with a thick wire across the appropriate terminals.
This prevented most of the warming of the thermostat casing.
But still the coil seems to absorb some heat from the main 16amp connections giving false readings.

I would say the main load cables are 2.5-3mm in thickness.
Maximum room size is about 14.5 metres. (range 8-14.4)
(105watts por m2)

Is this waming of the thermostat due to a cheap chinese brand? Thin cheap components?
Some are worse than others. Even found one with black burn marks on the plastic housing where the switch cables are routed!! Bypassed that immediately.

I don't fancy changing all 10 at 45-50 USD each.

Thanks in advance

Well I've done some mods to the system last night.

The timers on both floors were so cumbersome to adjust and hidden in the fuse box.

I've added a sonoff R3 to control the contactor instead. Perfect. Set up and turn/on off from my phone. Add any timers on the app in a couple of seconds. Control from outside of the house also
Connect it to Alexa/IFTTT and set up scenes etc.

Also the copy honeywell stats are so inaccurate. All badly calibrated and the 4 zones in our open plan lower floor just seems like a daft idea. 4 stats for an open plan??

Going to use another sonoff switch with the temp probe. Set it up in the middle of the open plan space.
This will trigger the R3 controlling the contactor. Once it reaches the desired temp it will turn off all 4 zones. (I'll need to set all 4 old stats to max or even just bypass them).

Been slowly increasing the number of intelligent devices for the house and this will be a nice addition.

Really could do with swapping out the 3 contactors with solid state relays.
Would need an additional 240-12V module for the solid state relay though as they all seem to have a 32v switching voltage. The sonoff output is 240v

Would these be able to handle 2000 watts of UFH? Could be an option to replace my current useless thermostats. Will all be controlled by a central wifi thermostat on the ground floor.

Reply to Chinese copy of Honeywell t6360c warming up in the Electric Underfloor Heating Wiring area at ElectriciansForums.net