Discuss Delta Training - NVQ3 online e-portfolio in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

highspark

Lads, has anybody done this and completed it through Delta. Spoke to a couple of training providers today a couple, including Delta, who said they can do the qualification online and there would be no on-site assessment. Others said don't give them your money it can't be done online. I'm just wondering if it can be done and if Delta are reputable?

I am doing mine with Delta at the moment I believe you can do it online as long as you have 2 years electrical experience. There are quite a few people who have done it with Delta on the forum not really read of any complaints. My experience so far is excellent assessor very helpfull and always on hand for any questions.

Doing mine with excel formally VQ online, getting close to finishing. The only complaint I have with the online is that you have to get each job signed by somebody with an NVQ3 etc... luckly for me I found somebody who's been really helpfull and there prepared to come out and check my work and sign off nvq for me, in hindsight I wish i'd have paid more and done it the old fashioned way onsite assessments etc...

I don't quite understand this, ...How can a site based NVQ (3) be completed on-line?? So where are the checks and balances??

With mine I have to provide witness statements for every module so even though the portfolio is completed online, somedody still has to come out to verify each module.

Your assigned a assessor and witness's are checked by internal and external verifyiers, I know a guy who completed a NVQ six months ago through a placement not online and he just turned up at 4 jobs his mates were on, the whole NVQ thing is full of holes but it's up to the individual if they choose to do it properley or not, they reckon there's 100's of fake doctor's practicing in this country on phoney certs so I aint gunna worry about the online NVQ portfolios

the whole NVQ thing is full of holes but it's up to the individual if they choose to do it properley or not, they reckon there's 100's of fake doctor's practicing in this country on phoney certs so I aint gunna worry about the online NVQ portfolios

That statement scares me on several levels.

hahaha

i have a Medical Degree from university of kuala lumpar saying i studied medicine..... got it for 15 quid....!!
i also have various other Certs apparently saying im a Multi Skiled Mechanical Electrical Technician from the royal navy...!

!!!! thats scary !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Your assigned a assessor and witness's are checked by internal and external verifyiers, I know a guy who completed a NVQ six months ago through a placement not online and he just turned up at 4 jobs his mates were on, the whole NVQ thing is full of holes but it's up to the individual if they choose to do it properley or not, they reckon there's 100's of fake doctor's practicing in this country on phoney certs so I aint gunna worry about the online NVQ portfolios

Well, i can't say it's any worse than Scheme Providers accepting Electrical Trainee straight out of there course's, or what's happening elsewhere in the demise our industry, ...Par for the course in this respect!! Seems that no-ones too bothered about it either, just one more abuse means on top of all the others that's being accepted these day's!!!

The portfolios are a pain to do and seem to take forever and tbf I'd only have to copy somebody else's and save myself the headache, but that's not why i'm doing it (hopefully others as well), there's always going to be dross out there wether that be doctors, dentist, plasterers, brickies or sparkys and in my experience they only get so far before people see through them.
I accept the system is flawed what I don't accept is being a part of it.

AP stood atop on the moral highground

:Angel_anim:

Steve TMIET

SMETA Engineering Apprenticeship
BTEC Advanced Electrical Installation
City & Guilds 2382 - 2391 - 2377
City & Guilds Electrical Installation NVQ (2356)
ICS Mechanical Engineering Diploma
City & Guilds Mechanical maintenance NVQ
HV Authorized Engineer
Cat D Nuclear Operators Qualification
MCA (Maritime and Coastguard Agency) Approved Firefighter

steve geordies a supposed to be thick,your letting the area down man,i bet youve got rid of the coal fire for that fancy central heating thing too....snob..
:p:p

Steve TMIET

SMETA Engineering Apprenticeship
BTEC Advanced Electrical Installation
City & Guilds 2382 - 2391 - 2377
City & Guilds Electrical Installation NVQ (2356)
ICS Mechanical Engineering Diploma
City & Guilds Mechanical maintenance NVQ
HV Authorized Engineer
Cat D Nuclear Operators Qualification
MCA (Maritime and Coastguard Agency) Approved Firefighter

steve geordies a supposed to be thick,your letting the area down man,i bet youve got rid of the coal fire for that fancy central heating thing too....snob..
:p:p
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Reply to Delta Training - NVQ3 online e-portfolio in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net