Discuss distribution circuit at origin (meter tails) in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jase

On the EIC page 3 it says to record details of these on first line, would that just be on the circuit details side of the form? or do you have to fill in test results for tails too?

amberleaf
Respected Member

Re: Section - 301- Questions - Testing ,
Recording of Circuit details and Test Results for Distribution Circuits :

Regulation 514.9.1 and Chapter 63 ( Certification & Reporting ) call for circuit details and test results to be provided for all circuits in an Electrical Installation , However, there is sometimes a tendency to Overlook the provision of this information for Distribution Circuits ( or Sub-Mains as they are sometime called ) where such circuits form part of the installation . the requirement to provide such information applies to Distribution Circuits as it does to final circuits .

One Situation where this type of Omission of Data Occurs is where a Main Switch , located at the Origin , feeds a Single Distribution Circuit to a Remote Distribution Board or Consumer Unit . ► Without this Recorded Data the Certification for the Installation is Incomplete .
This does Not Apply to Meter Tails making the Short Connection between the Consumer Unit or Main Switch to the Electricity Meter or Distributor’s Isolator .

Example of a Distribution Circuit :-
Electricity Distributor’s Overload Protective Device ,
Meter Tails ,
~ Main / Switch – Switch / Fuse ,
SWA – cable ( Distribution Circuit ) ,
~ Remote Consumer Unit , ◄

Thanks amberleaf;)

Reply to distribution circuit at origin (meter tails) in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net