Discuss EICR report refused for C2 condition of earthing. How to rectify if i even ned to. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Re: EICR report refused for C2 condition of earthing. How to rectify if i even ned to

front for gas. back for water.. regarding refused for C2, was refused for a C1, boken light fitting but all C2 and C3 were presented as work to be done on summary from agents to my niece. seems plenty of drilling in order to finish bonding.
How was the report refused?

Re: EICR report refused for C2 condition of earthing. How to rectify if i even ned to

probably my language. it had a C1 for a broken batten fitting in the coal house which ive replaced. a number of C2 relating to earthing sizes and main bonding to services were all C2. C1 resulted in 'refusal' or probably best described as unsafe needs immediate attention. not refusing to do report wheras C2 require action as potentially unsafe.

as stated earlier im not a working electrician but its the first of these reports ive seen. after having a better look round the house ive found a screw missing from faceplate of socket in kitchen, cooker socket behind cooker with lead coiled up under cooker, and a wooden back box behind light switch in bedroom with long woodscrews holding faceplate onto wall screwed past wires. all these semed worthy of mention on report or would they not matter. eg, doesnt he have to remove covers and look inside. ?

So the report described the installation as in an unsatisfactory condition?

as stated earlier im not a working electrician but its the first of these reports ive seen. after having a better look round the house ive found a screw missing from faceplate of socket in kitchen, cooker socket behind cooker with lead coiled up under cooker, and a wooden back box behind light switch in bedroom with long woodscrews holding faceplate onto wall screwed past wires. all these semed worthy of mention on report or would they not matter. eg, doesnt he have to remove covers and look inside. ?
You start one of these things with a visual inspection, a percentage of accessories are looked at very closely and if they are satisfactory then that's it for that stage. If not then you add to the percentage, I start with 20% if everything's ok then I move on, if not I go to 30% and so on.

So yes, the inspector does have to remove covers.

yes. have remedied the C1 improved bathroom bonding. will look at installing bonding to services in coming weeks. but yes unsatisfactory. tho most of c2 could challenge as install is quite old and may have complied at time. builders she bought house off gave her a cert of compliance but i do agree that the items are worth improvement.

Reply to EICR report refused for C2 condition of earthing. How to rectify if i even ned to. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net