Discuss EICR upgrade question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Do an EICR and possible upgrade question! Domestic premises, TNCS, ZE 0.34 (yes quite close to max!) main fuse 60a and at some point the CU has been moved from garage to indoors, approx 8 meters away. No fused isolator 25mm tails and 10mm main earth.
So I put the main earth as a C3 and the absence of a fused isolator as a 2. I have put in a fused isolator and am not sure whether I have to upgrade main earth or not?
Second question, there is a switched fused spur in zone 2 used as a fan isolator. I could move it 600mm so it is outside the zone and blank off the original. Or could I just block off the feed and supply and rely on the circuit breaker fir isolation?
Thanks

The earthing conductor has now become a cpc so verify using the adiabatic equation. 10mm would be the minimum size to support main protective bonding if that is terminated at the consumer unit.

problem with fitting fused isolatoer is how to achieve discrination with the 60A DNO fuse. as for the FCU in zone 2, i'd mark that down as a C3 provided it has not suffered from steam ingfress and the bathroom circuits are all RCD protected. then leave it alone.

I could swap the 60 for a 80 at the mains and put a 60 in the isolator? Or leave both at 60?
No RCD on lighting circuits so need to do something with it!
if you don't alter anything in the bathroom, then you need not fit an RCD, just code it accordingly. C3 if supplemantary bonding is in place: C2 if not.

Reply to EICR upgrade question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Trying to organise a CU replacement at home. It's a 1930s property. It's got a 10way CU but with no RCD protection. Was after a larger unit with...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, I have received conflicting advice about Main Isolator Switches and would appreciate forum member's help to plan a way ahead. Looking to the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 155212
D
Can someone sanity check my thinking please.... An 80 amp PME service head, tails to meter, 25 sq mm tails into an enclosed fused isolator with...
Replies
Views
Hello there. I've been looking around here and found some conflicting information. I have a question if I may ask. I had an electrician come over...
Replies
Views
I've a 3 phase storage heater currently wired to the main fuse box in an office I have. The heater has 2 supplies/isolators, 1 for charging at...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock