Discuss Electric Triton shower is leaking and do I need to call a plumber or an electrician? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi My Triton electric shower which is around 7 years old is gushing water from the bottom of the unit, should I call an electrician or a plumber and should I purchase a new unit before they arrive or are these things sometimes fixable? Apologies if this is a really dumb question, thank you in advance.

First thing, can you turn off the water to the shower to stop it ruining anything or wasting water?

There should be a valve on the pipe feeding the shower- might be in the attic.

Also isolate the electricity using the pull cord or switch….

If it’s just a water leak, then it’s a plumber you need…. If it’s more serious, and the water has damaged the shower beyond repair and needs replaced, then you’ll need an electrician.

You can also buy a replacement, and take it back if not needed. (Unopened)

The shower will contain a pressure release device, which is designed to blow out if the pressure in the internal tank becomes too high, usually as a result of the shower head becoming blocked or the hose kinked.
If this is what has happened, it should be easily repairable.

The shower will contain a pressure release device, which is designed to blow out if the pressure in the internal tank becomes too high, usually as a result of the shower head becoming blocked or the hose kinked.
If this is what has happened, it should be easily repairable.
Indeed. I keep a supply of Triton PRDs on the van. Any plumber or electrician should be able to fix this. However, there is a reason the PRD blew out. Most commonly it's due to a blocked or twisted shower head/hose.

Indeed. I keep a supply of Triton PRDs on the van. Any plumber or electrician should be able to fix this. However, there is a reason the PRD blew out. Most commonly it's due to a blocked or twisted shower head/hose.
Or like the one I did the other day that burst the tank because they had fitted a shower head that could be turned off.

As a matter of fact, I was in this situation a few months ago, when my geyser started leaking water from its intake pipe, and after two days, it stopped heating water; therefore, my neighbor suggested that I hire a handyman from Umega Home Repairs to fix it. Now it is working fine!

As a matter of fact, I was in this situation a few months ago, when my geyser started leaking water from its intake pipe, and after two days, it stopped heating water; therefore, my neighbor suggested that I hire a handyman from Umega Home Repairs to fix it. Now it is working fine!

Is this an advert??

Definitely an American with the terminology. Come on BizWiz, what's the story?

Last edited:

Reply to Electric Triton shower is leaking and do I need to call a plumber or an electrician? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net