Discuss Flourescent T12 into an LED Fixture? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm hoping the experts can help answer a question for me...

I need a new plug in light fixture over a work bench in my garage. I have a box of T12 bulbs because all my existing fixtures are T12 Fluorescent.

It's nearly impossible to find a T12 fluorescent fixture, let alone a plug in, so I'm considering an LED instead.

My question then is: Can I use the T12 fluorescent bulbs in an LED fixture?

I read somewhere, that I can put LED bulbs in a fluorescent fixture with no modifications - is this correct?

Thanks as always in advance for your assistance.

T12 fitting where retired about 8 years ago hence why you can't find any new ones.

You can't use a T12 tube in fluorescent filter.

There some led rubes that can go into a fluorescent light fitting but they need to replace the ballast with one they supply. If you can't get them for T12 fixtures I'm not sure.

You can't use a T12 fluorescent(or any other) tube in LED filter.

Reply to Flourescent T12 into an LED Fixture? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have installed a number of 120v smart light switches and smart bulbs which I have set up on a schedule via an app. I would like to add another...
Replies
Views
I'm encountering a problem with the lighting in my kitchen. I reside in an apartment that has a light fixture utilizing 2 T8 fluorescent bulbs...
Replies
Views
Hi: I am the custodian at Peru Public Library, Peru IL. About 20 years ago, I installed about 150 new General Electric brand electronic ballasts...
Replies
Views
I’ve got bad ballasts and am replacing the T12 fluorescent bulbs with Halco direct wire, double ended T8 LEDs. The fixture has 4Rapid start bulbs...
Replies
Views
I live in a warehouse condo, converted about 20 years ago. The building dates to about 1870 but with the conversion, all of the electrical was...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock