Discuss Fuse too big on fridge in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no. Tell me it isn't! Not the same person who was putting forward the argument that Wagos are more of a busbar than screw terminal junction boxes???

No reg says local isolation is needed.
You should work to your electrical training and knowledge, not be like one of these, rear end covering, moronic, reg followers.

Show me the reg that says local isolation is mandatory? Whatever local isolation is of course. Where should this non-mandatory local isolation be? in a cupboard? Over a worktop? In an adjacent utility room? Under an appliance? Where?

We are talking about you saying that 1mm is 'electrically correct' for the circuit. Don't try and change the subject because you are wrong and know it mate. Have a look at the table I mentioned in a previous post for the reg.

We are talking about you saying that 1mm is 'electrically correct' for the circuit. Don't try and change the subject because you are wrong and know it mate. Have a look at the table I mentioned in a previous post for the reg.
A sole appliance, on a radial, drawing a third of an amp, on 1.00mm cable on say a 10A mcb is electrically sound and safe. Are you saying it is not?

You are supposed to be electrically trained. To think. Now do not look at table. Tell me where it is electrically not sound or safe? I will be waiting a long time.

I understood it last time. Gave up trying to argue though. You wouldn't listen to anyone elses opinion.
Clearly whoever they are this person possesses more intelligence and common sense than the rest of us, not to mention the persons making up the JPEL/64 committee. It’d be easier if we all just bow down to the superiority of their arguments and accept their word as truth instead of following the clearly illogical and inferior regulations that have gotten us to this point...

Sisyphus had an easier task than reasoning with this one.

A sole appliance, on a radial, drawing a third of an amp, on 1.00mm cable on say a 10A mcb is electrically sound and safe. Are you saying it is not?
You are supposed to be electrically trained. To think. Now do not look at table. Tell me where it is electrically not sound or safe? I will be waiting a long time.

Again mate, don't change the subject. I did not mention 'safe' in any of my posts.
Quoting you: "1.00mm would not be electrically incorrect." Post #69.
This is incorrect. 1.00mm is electrically incorrect. Look at the regs.

A quick scan of the lengthy thread and diving back to the original discussion here, most appliances with a 13amp plug top are what we class as fixed current equipment and therefore do not need overload protection and this is why we can see fuses rated higher than the CCC of the flex that supplies the unit, if the manufactures guidance requests a lower fuse rating then that is what should be fitted but the likes of appliances with motors often have a 13amp fuses covering flexes that have a lower CCC simply to allow for inrush where the common 5 or 3 amp rated could periodically nuisance fail, you can argue that you fitted smaller fuses with little or no issue but when millions of products are sold then the industry may see a reflective % of these nuisance popping which requires extra staffing to their help lines and unnecessary costs may also be put on the user, these and many other reasons are why we don't always fit the lowest rated fuses that we could theoretically get away with.
The exemption from overload protection can be applied to most household hard wired circuits if necessary but common practice and rule of thumb often doesn't see us doing that, one of the few circuits that is classed as a variable load and needs to have a max rated fuse for O/L protection is a ring main for obvious reasons that there is no max current demand that we can calculate as it is an unknown variable, other regulations can also interfere with front end fusing like lighting circuits where the lamp-holders themselves can specify a max fuse rating for the circuit it is on.-

I have a nice wee beer fridge in my study. It looked a bit bare, so i put an old 100A fuse on it, thinking it would look nice, but no...fuse too big on fridge
(sigh)back to the drawing board...

Again mate, don't change the subject. I did not mention 'safe' in any of my posts.
Quoting you: "1.00mm would not be electrically incorrect." Post #69.
This is incorrect. 1.00mm is electrically incorrect. Look at the regs.
A reg quoter again. Lokks like someone who has been trained. I told you not to look at regs, then assess, then tell me where it is not electrically sound and not safe. I am still waiting.

• Dislike
Reactions: DPG
A reg quoter again. Lokks like someone who has been trained. I told you not to look at regs, then assess, then tell me where it is not electrically sound and not safe. I am still waiting.

You have a very strange attitude. You remind me of the antivax type people with the way you argue and refuse to listen to reason.

There will always be cases of things that are electrically sound, but don't necessarily comply with BS7671. The regs cannot cover every eventuality. You are free to do things that don't comply, as long as you justify your deviations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fuse too big on fridge in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net