Discuss G24 replacement and ballast query in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Jwatson

DIY
Reaction score
Hi guys

Moved into a new place this year and have a g24 4 pin light fitting in the storage cupboard. Light recently went and I've tried two new bulbs but just get a flicker. Seems there should be a ballast to replace but I can't find one and assume this is part of the overall compact fitting? There is only live and neutral running into the fitting from the ceiling rose.

If that's the case can I simply change the entire fitting for a standard E27 or do I have a hidden ballast somewhere?

Thanks for the help. Image of the fitting and above in the ceiling.

Attachments

• PXL_20230102_131914373.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20230102_134747933.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 5

Reply to G24 replacement and ballast query in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I've been having some issues trying to fix a fluorescent light in the bathroom. Here's the steps I've taken so far after it suddenly...
Replies
Views
I posted last week regarding a lighting cable being too short in the wall to reach my new light fittings.this is still annoying me lol, I will try...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I have this downlight where the bulb went a while ago and I replaced the bulb myself. I'd never dealt with these type of lights before...
Replies
Views
Recently moved into a new home and replaced the main light fitting in the sitting room. We replaced it with this dimmable LED fitting: ENDON...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently saw a post on Screwfix forum, but it has not been answered and because I have used the same set up would like to check that...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock