Discuss Garage Conversion, Notifiable? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

TPES

I have done some work in an integral garage, I added 3 downlights and a low level socket. The intentions are to make the back wall of the garage a utility room, with a sink, washer and dryer.. there will be a partitioned wall splitting the garage in 2.

I did this work as the garage was still a standard single garage, Since i had done the work there has been the partition wall put up and the washer, dryer and sink installed.

I issued the client with Minor works Certs as all i had done was extend the ground floor RFC and added to the ground floor lighting.

Also as this was a garage i have not notified LABC as Minor work in an integral garage is not notifiable...

But now the conversion has been made to a utility room, will the building inspector be asking for the electrical work to be notified, Even though the electrical work was done before the conversion was made..??

(I know the building inspector has been out to check the stages of the conversion as, also the garage door has been replaced with PVC Windows.)

Forgot to mention the building inspector has mentioned there has to be an extractor fan installed as it will be a utility room, so i went back 2 days later to fit a extractor fan

Last edited by a moderator:
the electrical works are part of the whole conversion and the building inspector has been notified about the whole job the most likely thing is that he will just want to see your minor works cirts and he will sign the whole job off as one.

Reply to Garage Conversion, Notifiable? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net