Discuss get extra locks fitted lads in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
just seen this on facebook and the thiefs gave up, it looks like they were there a long time trying to break in

3c2446b945b51bdced50964ecffaf74b.jpg

Someone on our site had their van done in over the weekend, but they think a transit ghost key was used. Definitely worth having after market locks fitted.

Hell fire, if they did that kinda damage to my car I'd rather they took it and I claim the insurance for a new one.

that's why all mine come off at night, even though we live in a low crime area, vans are a prime target, just for tools.

I park the van with the back doors right up against my big shed and the sliding door up against a fence, should slow them down a bit.

Get yourselfs insured . costs me £50 a year for £2000 tool cover . Stops those embarrassing moments when your out on the street at 3 am wearing only your underpants wielding a rolling pin cos the van alarm is going off .

Happend to me Dave start of last year..lost two MFT's, all my cordless gear (dewalt 9piece set), 110v gear, IPad and the cheeky buggers even took my fuel card. What peed me off the most was my hand tools.

I'd have been in a right state Lee , might actually be better not to catch the thieving toerags 'in the act' though, would probably end up either hurt or in jail. :tongue3:

Taking tools in at night not gonna stop things being nicked while parked up at work in the day. I know someone many years ago had their van emptied of cctv gear they had just got while they was talking to someone in the office upstairs. I got alarm and dead locks fitted. Worth it for the piece of mind

I'd have been in a right state Lee , might actually be better not to catch the thieving toerags 'in the act' though, would probably end up either hurt or in jail. :tongue3:

Yeah I was absolutely gutted. Even now I come up against something and think to myself I used to have the perfect tool for that...drills and testers although expensive are easily replaceable. I had hand tools in that bag from when I was an apprentice and to them would of been worthless.

Boils my blood this. If I'd have caught them doing my van a few years back I'd probably be inside now. Don't think I'd be able to hold back till they'd never be able to pinch anything again. Probably for the best really!

I take in the expensive stuff now buts its a ballache. As Lee rightly says though, hand tools can be worst and they're often probably just thrown away.

These things have played on my mind , I park my rear doors tight to a wall and all my gear packed tight would be a great up evil to get my tools , but I agree that I would be devastated to lose my hand tools , I keep them in a old hilti drill box so it would be quite attractive for a thief

Pondered with the idea of custom van vault made by me to suit me ( my gear ) could be an idea for some of you if your area is prone to van thefts

One day il come up with something il post it up , if I ever get 5 min !

Back in 1992 my car was stolen by a couple of chaps who were running from the police after stealing another car.
My tools were in the boot. Luckily they were too pre occupied with getting away to open the boot when they dumped it.
After that I make sure I don't leave anything in a vehicle over night!

Reply to get extra locks fitted lads in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net