Discuss Hammer & Shovel Technique in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I did my time in a pharmaceutical factory.

I was physically scared of the bench fitters, fitters, welders, sparks.
You can wear a split lip or black eye as a badge of honour.
The thing that terrified me the most, and thankfully I only saw it happen to someone else, Was an entire shop floor of women shouting and laughing whilst wiggling their pinkies :)

That reminds me one of the guys I used to work with was bound, gagged and bundled in the back of a works van by 2 rather boisterous women who said they were going to erm do things to him lol.

Anyways they drove him round for a while being sure to smash him around as much as possible before pulling up outside his house and chucked him out on the pavement.

Apparently he was rather petrified!
All he did was finish his apprenticeship and the girls said he had to be made a man lol

Filled my mates boots with bags of grease and bolts on multiple occasions.

My dad replaced a heating element in my aunts oven when she goes to switch it on I bang on the wall and hit the light switch at the same time.

My colleague when he got married on his last day of work they grabbed him stripped him naked tied him to a signpost by the office and covered him in grease.

Another one one vie heard is a apprentice who was terrified of heights they bundled him into a packaging crate nailed the top on which they put slings around and attached to a crane put it on slow lift and lifted him about 6ft off the ground ( even though he thought he was a lot higher. ) swung it around a bit left him in there for half an hour let him down. He got out he ran out the main gate never to be see from or heard from again.

Ash

I've had the hammer on the enclosure one just as I switch on.

A favourite wedding present at the foundry was was your steel tool cupboard being seam welded shut, took hours of grinding to get it open.

A non electrical one was when I worked in a paint shop, had replaced some ABS pipe that passed through a floor plate, turned it on and water started pouring down through the hole in the plate, turned it off quick and went upstairs to find my mate rolling around laughing, he had been pouring water out of a bucket down the outside of the pipe when I turned it on.

Screwed a apprentices tool bag down , filled with glue then sawdust.

2 days after I bought him a new one, sent a lad up in the loft and screwed it upside down to the ceiling into some timber and carefully put some open paint pots in it whilst closing it.

good times we're had that week!

Remember a guy once telling me how he got his mate back big time not sure what they had done to him but he "accidentally" emptied numerous tins of coke into his tool box over the summer not only was it highly sticky but turned out to be a heaven for the wasps for the entire week

I had a pager which was on vibrate due to the noisy environment,just got hold of a terminal on a machine when pager went off,didn't half make me jump.Another 1 putting lamps in a load of florry's had a box full on the scissor lift and as I fitted a tube I threw the cardboard sleeve over the side,got distracted and threw 2 tubes over then tried fitting the cardboard sleeves into the light fitting.

Remember a guy once telling me how he got his mate back big time not sure what they had done to him but he "accidentally" emptied numerous tins of coke into his tool box over the summer not only was it highly sticky but turned out to be a heaven for the wasps for the entire week
we were working in an infants school toilet once and this little lad came in and peed into my mates toolbox.

We had a girl in our office who always wore knee length boots,in a morning she'd come in and sit in her chair at one end of the desk unzip her boots step out of them,into her shoes wheel along the floor on her chair and start work.At the end of each day the process was reversed,one of the lads came into the office while she was out and coated the soles of her boots with impact adhesive,Five o'clock came and there was a few people in the office,she wheeled along the desk,slipped her shoes off feet into boots,zipped them up and stood up.It was so funny watching her trying to move,she couldn't work out why her feet were stuck to the floor.

Reply to Hammer & Shovel Technique in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net