Discuss Help with PIR codes for these items in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

LlandrilloSpark

Doing a PIR in a two bed flat, Im wondering what codes to give the following:

1. CCU is in the Kitchen mounted just above the skirting at 200mm height from FFL.

Cheers

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
1. None unless there is obvious signs that the CU could be damaged.

2. None unless the earthing system is TT or there happens to be a set of manufacturers instruction knocking about advising on different or that the fan should have it's own local fuse.

I would though recommend that a single gang switch is not the greatest way to provide isolation.

prone to damage from hoover ect... because it is not in a cupboard and could then be tampered with by a crawling child, I said "what if it is in a cupboard",answer "still unacceptable...code 2...fail it"

Well certainly would have recommended that the client boxed it in if as you said it was open and not in a cupboard.

And with it being open then yes you could code it a 2 by the ESC guide referring to

Unsatisfactory functional operation of
equipment where this may result in danger

So yes can see that and have no problems with that.

Napit inspector told me to fail it on the grounds of potential damage, I told him it was pvc insulated, Ive just been to discuss/price moving it, its going to be a pig, I'm wondering if I could pass it if it were Metal clad? and lockable?

Napit inspector told me to fail it on the grounds of potential damage, I told him it was pvc insulated, Ive just been to discuss/price moving it, its going to be a pig, I'm wondering if I could pass it if it were Metal clad? and lockable?
Or in a lockable cupboard?
At the end of the day, it is your opinion as to whether it's safe or not.

Morph get on the phone to Napit and shout at them, if you know anything at all about PIR codes then you will know its not all abot clear and present danger but also potential to cause danger, So there is a insulated CCU 200mm of the floor, I pass it, she hits it with the hoover and sucks up the bit that falls off, she doesnt notice or forgets, she sells the flat, kids move in, one pokes his finger in and he's dead, who inspected it last........??? answer Me..........judge "why didnt he spot the potential danger if was competent?2...

so why is it a building reg. to fit light switches at 1200mm, within the reach of a child? should these then be metal and lockable too?

:behead:

Morph get on the phone to Napit and shout at them, if you know anything at all about PIR codes then you will know its not all abot clear and present danger but also potential to cause danger, So there is a insulated CCU 200mm of the floor, I pass it, she hits it with the hoover and sucks up the bit that falls off, she doesnt notice or forgets, she sells the flat, kids move in, one pokes his finger in and he's dead, who inspected it last........??? answer Me..........judge "why didnt he spot the potential danger if was competent?2...

no offense but the purpose of a pir is to state facts not what ifs or thats happen in the future

Reply to Help with PIR codes for these items in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net