Discuss high readings on RCD test in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

vbyrne

-
Reaction score
I put two new spikes on a tt system and I am now getting a reading Ze-84ohms, I put new 30Ma trips on three boards but ,I am getting high tripping times on two of the RCD would this be the trips or would there be some other reason?

Assuming BS EN 61008 or BS EN 61009 278mS is acceptable at I delta n. The 327mS isn't however.

Have the devices been tested in isolation?

What is your Ze/Zdb readings at the incoming side of the RCD's in question ?

? and were these the readings @ I delta n ?:93:

68 ,for give me ,I am just new to testing and I dont quite understand what you ment by,@ I n, in the test procedure .If you could reply and let me know ,that would be great. Another question out of the road.

Hi squat,

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by spark 68
What is your Ze/Zdb readings at the incoming side of the RCD's in question ?

? and were these the readings @ I delta n ?:93:

I meant have you taken EFLI readings on the incoming side of the RCD's where your trip times appear to be high ?

And as Murdoch has kindly pointed out to you in the post above.

When testing RCD's you should get 2 x 1n readings, 2 x 5n readings and 0.5 n readings

Have you got all 5?

Cheers

68 ,for give me ,I am just new to testing and I dont quite understand what you ment by,@ I n, in the test procedure .If you could reply and let me know ,that would be great. Another question out of the road.
Hi squat, I delta n (in symbols I triangle n) is the nominal residual operating (tripping) current of the RCD, in this case 30mA.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to high readings on RCD test in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net