Discuss HNC in Electrical and Electronic engineering at Teesside May 25th? in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Danny1990

I was just wondering who else on here has signed up for this course? I am all set and ready to go, I know I have spoken to a few people about this already on different threads but just wondered if there was anybody else?

Cheers,

Danny

I enrolled on the course last year. Just completed engineering science and now half way through analytical methods. Be prepared for a lot of math as it is A level standard and beyond! If you need advice on the engineering science module I will be happy to help.

Hi mate,

sounds about right I'm expecting a lot of maths! How have you found it overall though? What type of background do you have aswell, have you studied through distance learning before?
Cheers I'm sure I could do with the help at some point!

Hi mate,

sounds about right I'm expecting a lot of maths! How have you found it overall though? What type of background do you have aswell, have you studied through distance learning before?
Cheers I'm sure I could do with the help at some point!

I must confess,, the engineering module was a long hard slog. Once you get the core modules out of the way it will get easier. I had to complete an ONC in electrical engineering before they would let me on this course. I am also an electrician but I would like to get involved in electrical design etc hence the reason for me undertaking this course. I find my course tutor ( Mr Wischart) very useful but I recommend joining physics forum. You can post questions and somebody will guide you in the right direction without giving you the direct answer if you know what I mean.

hey guys, i enrolled on this course but its a distant learning one so i dont go to a class room. im more than willing to help if i can and hope you can help me if you can.

Teeside university. Google "distance learning hnc teeside" I applied and within couple days been accepted but need todo mathematics course.

I've complete this course back in 2010 with absolute no regret. It has helped me boost my career in the electronics industry and I am about to complete my HND top up this year.

You'll find the maths a bit challenging unless your ok with maths to start with. Never done a distant learning course, can't really say much about it.

Certain companies have certain pay scales, some companies only start paying decent salary if your degree qualified where as other companies make your a manager just on HND alone with a high decent salary so it really does vary.

hey guys, i enrolled on this course but its a distant learning one so i dont go to a class room. im more than willing to help if i can and hope you can help me if you can.

Im the same mate, its distant learning starting the 25th. How are you with maths? I started to do a little bit of revision before the module has been released. Looking forward to starting it now!

Im the same mate, its distant learning starting the 25th. How are you with maths? I started to do a little bit of revision before the module has been released. Looking forward to starting it now!

Had a little revise on indices and powers. But me pal who already done it sid just wait todo it as it explains it self sorta thing.

Hi there. I just started the hnc instrumentation and control. In fact today i took delivery of my first set of modules. Was a bit shocked at the size of them though. What module did you choose for your first year and how are you finding it.

Hello mate,

I am still currently doing the Maths bridging module, should be finished it within the next couple of weeks. Looking forward to starting the proper course now! Did you not have to do the bridging module?

Cheers,

Danny

Hello mate,

I am still currently doing the Maths bridging module, should be finished it within the next couple of weeks. Looking forward to starting the proper course now! Did you not have to do the bridging module?

Cheers,

Danny

Yeo i had to do the bridging module. Not that hard to be honest. Most of the answers are in the notes. Maybe when you start the HNC wh can compare notes. One not though. When you beginnthe HNC you'll get a load of folders with loads to read. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeo i had to do the bridging module. Not that hard to be honest. Most of the answers are in the notes. Maybe when you start the HNC wh can compare notes. One not though. When you beginnthe HNC you'll get a load of folders with loads to read. Good luck.

Yeah its not too bad, got 100% in my last test so im pretty happy with that. Definitely, what date did you start the HNC? How long did it take you to start your first module after you completed the maths bridging module? Cheers mate good luck to you too!

Yeah its not too bad, got 100% in my last test so im pretty happy with that. Definitely, what date did you start the HNC? How long did it take you to start your first module after you completed the maths bridging module? Cheers mate good luck to you too!

Just started it this week. I had to wait a bit to start it though as work is paying for it and the money had to be sorted. I have started 3 modules this year. Analytical methods for engineers, engineering science and PLC's.

Reply to HNC in Electrical and Electronic engineering at Teesside May 25th? in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net