Discuss How times have changed... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dustydazzler

Regular EF Member
Back when I started out a simple board swap to a nice new plastic 16th Ed split board would set you back £400 all in including labour , maybe even a bit less.

I have just seen a quote from a well know utility provider for a consumer unit change for £1656.82

WOW

Rob

Control System Engineer
Electrician's Arms
Is it just a simple board swap? Full RCBO board? SPD? AFDD? Real pita bonding run needed?

It does look really high, an I know these well known providers quite often are more expensive. Is this something you are quoting against?

buzzlightyear

please let me back in to the prison cell.
Electrician's Arms
I have just seen a quote from a well know utility provider for a consumer unit change for £1656.82
will the new board be gold one I wonder .any way ,I dont blame them if they get it ,when you go to bargain basement customer saying I'm not paying £400.00 quid for that cu to be changed ,can you not do any cheaper .

Rob

Control System Engineer
Electrician's Arms
£600 for standard RCBO and surge protection board change in domestic. Any more and I’d feel guilty.
Depends also quite a lot on location and the amount of circuits. a 14 way board in the center of London with no parking etc etc.. Going to be more than 600 quid.

Paignton pete

Regular EF Member
London board change will be £800-1000£ any less and it will likely be a cash non certified job
I accept London will always have a different price structure than rest of country. I could not comment as to whether it is a good or bad price as I don’t know the full considerations, but £800£ £1000 seems reasonable for london

telectrix

Disrespected Scouser
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
bakelite is a thermosetting phenol formaldehyde resin, formed from a condensation reaction of phenol with formaldehyde. nowt to do with bakers, who make bread and cake.;););););).

telectrix

Disrespected Scouser
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
I knew you would know that, having all those bread crates in the back of your van.
cheap stackable storage for materials. also qiuck to whip off if i need to put any large items in. nicked alloy wheels take up a lot of space.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 59 66.3%
  • Black

Votes: 30 33.7%

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.