Discuss Information needed please. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jazzyjeans

Hi everyone,
I know this may sound like a silly question to some of you out there but I am totally clueless when it comes to electrics. I own a house which used to be one and was converted to a semi-detached many years ago. Both properties each have their own consumer units and meters and are billed as separate dwellings. I am selling the property and have been told there could be problems for new owners by my NFH as there is only one supply and any electrical work that is done in one property affects the other. In fact, when NFH had a new consumer unit they entered my property and had my consumer unit replaced at the same time because apparently the electrician said it had to be done. Now like I said I'm clueless about electrics but if each house has it's own meter and CU how on earth does having electrical work done in one property affect the other. If the electrics trip in my house it doesn't affect the other and vice versa. I have to point out that my NFH is actually a relative and at one time both houses belonged to them hence them being able to gain access to my property with regards to replacing CU. What I'd like to know is, are they trying it on or is this really the case?

Reply to Information needed please. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I want to know if my consumer unit (together with the digital meter) which is in a special metal container let into an outside wall near the...
Replies
Views
In a property with two consumer units one for the ring main etc., and the other for the 1970s storage heaters (storage heater CU looks like it’s...
Replies
Views
Hello all, We've had a rewire and our electrican is currently away on holiday so we're unable to ask them for advice. Please can I ask for your...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am in the middle of purchasing a small 1 bed flat in England, and have been sent a Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate by the...
Replies
Views
Trying to organise a CU replacement at home. It's a 1930s property. It's got a 10way CU but with no RCD protection. Was after a larger unit with...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock