Search the forum,

Discuss Is it acceptable to 'jumper' speaker wire through a switch? in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Fabulous, that makes sense. Just to be completely sure ... from the diagram, I jumper the left 'bottom' pair onto the terminals of the right 'top' pair. The terminals of the right 'top' pair also wire into the 'switched left/right' speaker.
correct
NB Your diagram is great, but I am not familiar with diagrams 'strictly portraying' the physical reality! It kinda looks like the positive is spliced into the wire going to the speaker, but I am fairly surely this is just for clarity.
Yes it was just my way of trying to make it 'neat'. Sorry - a bit 'old-school'. If you build it, you take the wire to the terminal, not splice it into the other wire.
Sorry, I am almost embarrassed to ask the question, but just making sure there isn't a reason to do so (again, underlining my ignorance!).
Not a problem. A 'circuit diagram' is to show the concept of the circuit, not the physical implementation. Once you see what is connected to what, you are free to wire it however is most convenient.
(actually this may not be true for radio and high frequency circuits, where it can matter where things go!! - but that is not the case here)

Firstly, I hope it is ok to discuss the wiring of speakers here...

Thanks for your time.
Just want to close this question with a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone. You have been really patient with me, especially as I have been supplying bits of information over the course of the conversation (and have no idea how my amp works, so can't answer some important questions, making the overall question a bit sketchy).

Reply to Is it acceptable to 'jumper' speaker wire through a switch? in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net