Discuss job pricing help in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

livo

hi all need a little help on pricing a job for a close family member i am a domestic installer but have been asked by my cuz to wire his new shop for him,
he wants 3x 3 phase sunbed points 1x lighting ring inc 10 light points and 1x ring main with 10 double sockets, i know what i charge for a domestic situation but unsure what i should charge for this commercial work and he being family will expect a discount. any help would be gratefully accepted.
sorry forgot to say he will be paying for the equipment so i am just after a price for labour.

Charge an hourly rate that you think is fair. You charge him for the amount of time it takes you. He should trust you that you aren't going to rip him off. The job will take as long as it needs to take.

I wouldn't consider a cousin a close family member, but that's just me. regardless, they shouldn't EXpect a discount.thats just cheeky.
this sort of question has been asked a thousand times on here.just do a search!
that aside- if it's only labour, as has been suggested-charge them an hourly rate that suits you both, and just do the job.it takes as long as it takes.

Reply to job pricing help in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I posted here some time ago asking for validation of a quote I received for a rewire. (10k assumed 60 points) And got some good advice so...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. It would be really useful to run this past you and get a consensus/input from you for what would be a realistic amount to charge for an...
Replies
Views
I am an experienced electrical engineer consultant in building services, and I am looking to expand my professional horizons by taking on side...
Replies
Views
In a property with two consumer units one for the ring main etc., and the other for the 1970s storage heaters (storage heater CU looks like it’s...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I completed my level 2 2365 installation and my level 3 8202 advanced technical diploma in electrical installation and I’m unsure on...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock