Discuss Landis & Gyr meter type 5235A in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

prg594

Would anyone know if the above meter is suitable as the import meter where the premises has PV installed? We had an old dial meter which ran backwards following PV install and was therefore swapped out by EDF for the Landis & Gyr. Haven't paid too much attention over the Winter, but today is nice and sunny and our inverter is currently generating around 1kWh (2kWp system). However, the import meter red LED is blinking about every 5secs. The background load is only a couple of hundred watts (certainly less than 0.5kW, it's a sports club which isn't in use today, just a couple of fridges etc) so I wouldn't really expect to see the import meter blinking at all!

Does the Landis & Gyr LED blink for both import & export, but only increment the meter for import (which would obviously be OK)? Or is it possible it is clocking up our generation as import?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Landis & Gyr meter type 5235A

The standard 5235A will only register energy in both directions if it is specially configured to do so - and will auto cycle between 2 different displays every few seconds (t and r values)

Are you seeing a "rED" message on the display at all?

Re: Landis & Gyr meter type 5235A

The standard 5235A will only register energy in both directions if it is specially configured to do so - and will auto cycle between 2 different displays every few seconds (t and r values)

Are you seeing a "rED" message on the display at all?

Seems to be just reading the import figure, haven't seen the display change at all (either to rED or another register...)

Re: Landis & Gyr meter type 5235A

Do you also have a separate meter to measure generation from the PV only?

Yep, an Elster A100C. Today its red LED was also blinking about every 5secs, i.e. the same as the import meter (whilst the inverter display showed about 1kW). This is what made me suspicious as there's no way we were importing the same amount we were generating (as I said, I was surprised we were importing at all!)

With the Elster a100c the red light blinking every 5 secs or so tells you the panels are producing and when the red light is solid (at night) they ain't.

Hope this helps

With the Elster a100c the red light blinking every 5 secs or so tells you the panels are producing and when the red light is solid (at night) they ain't.

Hope this helps

Agreed, but the Landis & Gyr is our import meter! Happy that our Elster (pv generation) is working correctly, but not convinced about the import meter (even 'tho it was fitted by EDF specifically because we have PV!)

Reply to Landis & Gyr meter type 5235A in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net