Discuss Latest From Greg Barker Comments on Energy Efficiency Requirements in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

" We really shouldn't be offering a costly subsidy to people to generate renewable energy when in the same building it is being unnecessarily wasted."

Except that it is government legislation on listed buildings preventing the installation of insulation/double glazing etc that causes energy to be wasted. Unfair to cut these owners off from renewables in my opinion.

absolutely. The proposal means that those who want to try and reduce their carbon footprint are prevented from doing so because they live in an older property. it's a nonsence.

Interesting how he says "but a return to 43p could be catastrophic for the budget." Not would but could. Is he expecting to be defeated? Or am I reading too much into it?

absolutely. The proposal means that those who want to try and reduce their carbon footprint are prevented from doing so because they live in an older property. it's a nonsence.
Let's face it, those living in listed buildings (conservation areas etc.) weren't considered when setting the 12 December deadline (a point I made, for what it was worth, in my response to the consultation). Any solar order which had a planning permission decision in progress on the 31 October would be unlikely to have been completed by the 12 Dec!

Reply to Latest From Greg Barker Comments on Energy Efficiency Requirements in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Renewable energy startup is seeking a Technical Co-Founder to help create a company that is both socially and financially rewarding. The...
Replies
Views
C
solar fit news | Solar FiT costs half original estimates, Barker admits 5th March 2012 Energy Minister Greg Barker has announced the...
Replies
Views
finchy
F
F
Hi guys. This is quite a long post, and perhaps a bit off-topic, but I suspect that this section of the forum is about the best place to start...
Replies
Views
sambotc
S
I am Sure the STA and the REA will not mind me posting this copied and pasted from a newsletter. I will be after you all in the New Year as new...
Replies
Views
Earthstore
E
A
Renewable Heat Incentive to open for applications 25 November 2011 Press Ref: 11/101 Businesses and communities across Britain will from Monday...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock