Discuss LED GU10 lamps in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

keniff

-
Reaction score
hi guys and gals, just finished putting downlights throughout my living room, looking for some led gu10's anyone recommend any? i want ice white really and cant find any bargains wondered if anyone knew of some?

Diamond LED 3watt cool white ÂŁ8+vat each. available from Electric Center. or look at Haler.

Cheers guys I'll look into these, I'm hoping for a bright clean White look so these seem the way forward
i fitted 6 of the 3watt cool white in our kitchen- really bright. one failed after 3 months so took it back and got free replacement no problem.

Just spoke to electric centre they can't find them on their system, anyone got the product code? Also do they fit flush in standard gu10 fitting?

they're not in elec ctr's catalogue but my local branch has them . and they fit straight in a GU10 holder. google diamond LED for your nearest stockist.

What's ur local store that stock them I'll get them sent to branch, only place that sell them near me is cef and I ain't paying them any money!

winsford. cheshire. lockwell's do 'em as well.

look at the rest of the range. i use the 3 led ones.

Have u tried philips 7w LEDs ? Tried a wee experiment in a bathroom with 3 gu10 fittings already fitted. Fitted 1 osram 3w replacement and checked the output on a light meter,the led put out about 2/3 lux level of a gu10 halogen.reckoned I would need an extra fitting to get the same light level using LEDs. Anything less than 7w doesn't seem bright enough for general lighting.I rate halers.

been told you need 6W LED bulbs to replace 50W GU10's. Believe they are longer in lenght but given time they will fit into standard fittings.
This is the new technology which is too expensive now but should become the 'norm' in a few years @ a decent price!

....i want ice white.....

.....I'm hoping for a bright clean White look....

If you're particular about the colour of light then check out the light temperature figure that's usually stated on the box or on the lamp itself. 2500K will be a slightly orangy looking warm white. 5000K> will be a cool white which might have a blueish tinge to it. They also make lamps that run around the 7000K mark and they call it 'daylight' colour, these might be more to your liking if you're looking for a very crisp light. The higher temp light can make the place seem colder so I would suggest you road test the different colour options in your local wholesalers before you part with your hard earned cash.

Reply to LED GU10 lamps in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net