Discuss Lost out to allot of work trying to follow new ever changing Regs, Part P etc in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I swear with the niceic assessors it is down to who you get.. they all give contradictory statements. What one deems acceptable another doesnt...
Learnt something though... minor certs here we come....

Learnt to always use emails when asking for technical information. You get a more precise & considered response IMO.

I know that you have to complete a EIC for Consumer board replacement because more than one circuit is involved. A minor cert for one RCBO should be fine.

I swear with the niceic assessors it is down to who you get.. they all give contradictory statements. What one deems acceptable another doesnt...
Learnt something though... minor certs here we come....

Scheme assessors are like BCO officers or economists - they never agree on anything ...

Avoid EIC's .................. unless its a CU, rewire, or new circuit.

simple logistics. you can get a mwc on a beermat, a eic needs 3 beermats and 2 smoke packets.

The EIC has grown to be an over bloated document.

I recently had to send a client an EIC and an EICR ........... he couldn't spot the differences!
….an awful lot of pointless ticking of basic facts involved.
If something is amiss, it should be spotted and noted.
Come the 18th 3rd Am, there'll be a section for ticking the appropriate for back box fixings....screw, nail, cavity or gunged....bleedin' crazy!

it's getting to a stage where silly rules override common sense,. soon it will be full face vizors , gloves, hard hats, and flash suits just to change a fuse.

Interesting that Certsure clearly state that a seperate MWC is needed for each altered circuit yet I have some Elecsa MWCs with test result boxes for up to 3 circuits. So I'm using them to save paper and the planet. :) As long as the work done is clearly summarised and genuine test results are added what's the problem ?

OP - its no wonder you are missing out on work if you are telling people that they need a lighting circuit without a CPC rewired before you will change their fuseboard....................
Best practice guide does say it's advisable to suggest to the client that before Swapping a CU an EICR should be recommended prior to swapping the CU, however if the client refuses an EICR some for of testing should be carried out to ensure that no faults on the existing installation will cause unwanted tripping of the RCD.

Best practice guide does say it's advisable to suggest to the client that before Swapping a CU an EICR should be recommended prior to swapping the CU, however if the client refuses an EICR some for of testing should be carried out to ensure that no faults on the existing installation will cause unwanted tripping of the RCD.

Yes, that’s because the NICEIC want to generate work for their members ......

Subject to testing of course?

Nope. Its just my opinion Pete. Such wiring is going to be as nearly as old as me, & her indoors keeps telling me I need replacing.

If I bought such a house, its probably gonna need some money spent on it, why not spend some cash on the electrics?

And if I was gonna do that, I wouldn't waste £300 or whatever on an EICR.

Reply to Lost out to allot of work trying to follow new ever changing Regs, Part P etc in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net