Discuss Low Energy gu10s anyone used this led type yet. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Darkwood

Staff member
Mod
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone had experience with SMD..leds
Discount Quality Dimmable GU10 High Power 4W LED (24 piece SMD 5050, 330 Lumens, 50 -60 watts equiv.) with clear lens [GU10-24-SMD-4W-Dim]- £10.98 - LightingMarket.co.uk

they give a dimmable light equiv to 50-55 watt and still at the low price where as an equivalent Led capsule lamp requires to be 7watts and 2 to 3 times the price.

Ive fitted 4watt capsule style led gu10's in bathrooms and was happy with results but these could work in larger rooms if they are up to there claims.

Just wondering if anyone had experience with SMD..leds
Discount Quality Dimmable GU10 High Power 4W LED (24 piece SMD 5050, 330 Lumens, 50 -60 watts equiv.) with clear lens [GU10-24-SMD-4W-Dim]- £10.98 - LightingMarket.co.uk

they give a dimmable light equiv to 50-55 watt and still at the low price where as an equivalent Led capsule lamp requires to be 7watts and 2 to 3 times the price.

Ive fitted 4watt capsule style led gu10's in bathrooms and was happy with results but these could work in larger rooms if they are up to there claims.

Just seen this quote at the bottom of their page..

We source our products from the factory we own in China directly!

:(

SMD LEds are great because they have a 120o angle of light and so they can be used for lighting a room rather than accent lighting, those ones are a bit expensive probably due to the dimming. However they do not provide the light intensity of the capsule ones in a cone.
I have fitted them for customers and they seem to be happy with them.

However 330Lm is not very much and you really need a total of about 700lm to light a room with SMD LEDs. I have some 560lm B22 and they are about like a 40W incandescent.

Reply to Low Energy gu10s anyone used this led type yet. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

L
Hi Fella's Im lighting a barn conversion in a few weeks, there are 18 downlights and LED has been requested (at a budget), Ive got ROBUS...
Replies
Views
Saintlumen
S
D
Hello all I'm confused about Part L and the light fittings required for a domestic loft extension. I'm aware that a certain number of the...
Replies
Views
D
P
Hi everyone, I’m sure this may have been done already, but there is a debate I have with colleagues about the best type of downlighter to...
Replies
Views
dim_bulb
D
Hello Ladies and Gents, Currently wiring a new double extension and updating new bits of the old property. The customer has now decided he wants...
Replies
Views
M
I have been asked to put together a proposal to replace 176 x 400 Watt High Bays for a more energy efficient option. The client has been told by...
Replies
Views
Knobhead
K

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock