Discuss made a mistake in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

hawkwind

hello i thought this was an electrical forum and not just for electricians until i got the welcome notification
I am sorry for this and dont want to lead anybody into thinking i am qualified

but someone might be able to help or link to somewhere that can

my ceiling fan light /bulb holder part has eroded and i dont want to replace the whole ceiling fan
please see photos as i think they will explain better than me
the ruined/eroded part screwed off but i dont know what its called to search for another

light3dl.jpg

light1u.jpg
light2ck.jpg
light4.jpg

hello i thought this was an electrical forum and not just for electricians until i got the welcome notification
I am sorry for this and dont want to lead anybody into thinking i am qualified

but someone might be able to help or link to somewhere that can

my ceiling fan light /bulb holder part has eroded and i dont want to replace the whole ceiling fan
please see photos as i think they will explain better than me
the ruined/eroded part screwed off but i dont know what its called to search for another

light2ck.jpg

I suggest you see if you can find a maker on it and Google it to see if you can find a local supplier for the fan unit and check if spares are available.
Sad to say that a lot of this type of item are dodgy imports with no traceability.:(
With any luck yours is not one of them.
It's just a lampholder you need to ask for as a spare.
If one is not available then you may be able to have another lampholder adapted but only by seeing the unit could I give more positive info.

Thanks so much the bit in the last photo with the corrosion or whatever is the bit that holds the bulb and as there is no thread left the bulb wont hold but works if i press it up (its a large screw in but a small bulb as it has to fit in a small shade not shown.
the dia of the screw on bit that is ok is about 35mm which is bigger than the standard
I will have to go look and see if i can find any info either on the light or in some cupboard somewhere so i should be back before the end of the year lol

Thanks so much the bit in the last photo with the corrosion or whatever is the bit that holds the bulb and as there is no thread left the bulb wont
hold but works if i press it up (its a large screw in but a small bulb as it has to fit in a small shade not shown.
the dia of the screw on bit that is ok is about 35mm which is bigger than the standard
I will have to go look and see if i can find any info either on the light or in some cupboard somewhere so i should be back before the end of the year lol

The bulb fitting will be either ES (Edison screw) or GES (Giant Edison Screw)

Last edited by a moderator:
hello its the big screw in one but where do i get them fittings any ideas
or better still what are they called so i can even search ebay or something

Reply to made a mistake in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net