Discuss MCCB used as a final circuit supply in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Currently pricing a 250a Power upgrade for a small warehouse, the new 6 way 250a MCCB panel will essentially be used to supply x2 fuseboards however i want to have the MCCB panel also supply the larger plant as i want the MCCB panel to take the heavy loads as the client said he will never be installing any more fuseboards he would rather have the MCCB panel handle the below heavy loads.

63a 3 phase compressor
100a spray unit

now for example i am going to be using the Hager HDA063U 63a tripple pole MCCBs however the problem with this is that the spec of the fixed equipment is a 63a type D Breaker, These hager MCCBs dont have a time delay setting on them only Ir x In.

am i being daft and should i just not use the MCCB panel for type D loads

Looking at the Hager commercial catalogue, the "instant" trip for the x160 frame MCCB for 63A is 1045.8A, so 16.6 times = D curve region (10-20 * In).

TL;DR the MCCB should be fine
thanks so much for taking the time to check and i also managed to find this data as well thank to your search

Reply to MCCB used as a final circuit supply in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

We are looking for a distribution board to provide 3 * 160A three-phase feeds, but they are basically redundant supply path options so max total...
Replies
Views
Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
Heeelp! I have an 11kW/21A motor which is attached to a hydraulic power pack. I have replaced the old panels with new, using the same star delta...
Replies
Views
The earthing arrangement where the hot tub will be installed is formed in the TN-C-S system. I want to install the sub-main distribution circuit...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Grateful for your expertise regarding my confusion on the below. Context: French rural domestic property Single phase supply, TT...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock