Discuss MCS Quality Management System in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HI guys,

SRE ive had a look at a small video on complete picture and it puts all the room areas in, type of ho****er system, boiler type and all sorts of information in seems all over the place to me, do you need to do all that?.

also has anyone done the NICEIC QMS course?, i was wondering if that was the whole QMS you needed on the disc?.

HI guys,

SRE ive had a look at a small video on complete picture and it puts all the room areas in, type of ho****er system, boiler type and all sorts of information in seems all over the place to me, do you need to do all that?.

also has anyone done the NICEIC QMS course?, i was wondering if that was the whole QMS you needed on the disc?.

No you don't need to do full sap - you need to look at Complete Picture QMS not the SAP video.

I took a good look at Complete Picture, and it's a little 'light' for the price.

You can achieve the same for free with Google Docs and Google Apps (we've been doing so for 9 months) the only advantage is that someone has set it up for you.

I did buy the microgeneration version of Complete Picture (not the whole QMS) almost a year ago before I had my heat pumps MCS assessment. It was useful because for heat pumps you can do a basic SAP calculation for a building and show the effect on the building with and without the heat pump/solar thermal/solar pv. However the calculation for a PV SAP estimate is relatively trivial and you could easily set up a spreadsheet to do it for you by a quick read of the SAP document. Complete picture is probably over the top for that alone.
Regards
Bruce

I did buy the microgeneration version of Complete Picture (not the whole QMS) almost a year ago before I had my heat pumps MCS assessment. It was useful because for heat pumps you can do a basic SAP calculation for a building and show the effect on the building with and without the heat pump/solar thermal/solar pv. However the calculation for a PV SAP estimate is relatively trivial and you could easily set up a spreadsheet to do it for you by a quick read of the SAP document. Complete picture is probably over the top for that alone.
Regards
Bruce

The QMS has only recently been released, - it's got the quotes, risk assessments, sub contract agreements, job sheets, H & S, suppliers details etc and all version controlled - not necessarily what everyone wants but a bit more spohisticated than a sap vehicle for pv.

Hello

Its Paul from complete picture here. The current version of our sap software if you're only using it for MCS PV calculations is probably a bit cumbersome. The new version due out end of September does away with the requirement for building dimensions for PV and wind turbine.

The most interesting new feature is the ability to create custom quotations from templates with multiple PV panels with different details for manufacturers and kw output. Then automatically create the FIT and payback period for each system for the customer to compare. The user can edit the templates with their own terms and conditions print to paper or PDF and send via e-mail.
Regards
Paul

Hi, Hollycroft Software has just launched a QA manual for PV installers which includes help guides and everything you need to go for Assessment, dirt cheap as well compared to other systems I have looked at, includes a customer operations manual and handover pack as part of the package, which should save a lot of messing about.

Reply to MCS Quality Management System in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net