Discuss mft needed in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dcelec

i'm interested in an mft and just dont know which one to get ,,any suggestions greatly appreciated :)...

any companies out there willing to let me trial a metre so i can get some practise for my practical exams ?

If you're on a budget I would settle for a Metrel MI300 MFT. You can pick up one for around £450 to your door new with calibration certificate, which you would need if you'll be using it for work (or even on any examinations you do at college). Megger is the leading brand (most agree) but are a good 50% dearer. I would gladly have said pick up a second hand one from ebay but because of the risk of it being stolen I don't buy, and don't recommend that you do, any second hand tools. It is a lot of money if all you wanted to do was a little practice! Have a think.

If you're on a budget I would settle for a Metrel MI300 MFT. You can pick up one for around £450 to your door new with calibration certificate, which you would need if you'll be using it for work (or even on any examinations you do at college). Megger is the leading brand (most agree) but are a good 50% dearer. I would gladly have said pick up a second hand one from ebay but because of the risk of it being stolen I don't buy, and don't recommend that you do, any second hand tools. It is a lot of money if all you wanted to do was a little practice! Have a think.

unfortunatly i got no budget at all ,,i definatly wouldn't buy off ebay unless it came with a proper receipt

im on the dole myself, and ive £50 left to pay off my tester, its been weeks nowsince payed anything, aint easy but dont stop. i get what you mean about csr/ecs cards, dole say get a job and il pay for it but you need it to get a job, so its loose loose for them.stuff them. i hopefuly start work again soon. and if not il troop on with me dream of working for meself.

Reply to mft needed in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys & gals, I gave in and bought the new Megger MFT-X1. Got my hands on it Friday night, had a little play with it, used it at work on Monday...
Replies
Views
Hi there, This might be a bit of a long shot, but doesn't hurt to try. I'm based in South West London (Richmond/Twickenham) and I'm about 7 weeks...
Replies
Views
Info: Located in US I have a 48” T8 fixture that I recently added LED’s by removing the ballast and wiring directly. After doing so when hanging...
Replies
Views
I'm nearing the end of the 2nd year of my degree and now have a choice on which modules I would like to do for next year. I'm based in the North...
Replies
Views
I know there are many MFT's out there which can test SPD's, but they all cost thousands of pounds, and I personally can't justify that cost which...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock