Discuss My motorbike has no power. Battery charged, fuses checked, power is going to the starter rely but not beyond....please help. in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Recently changed my starter relay on my xv1600 wildstar. When reattaching battery cable, it caught a small thermostat and sparked. Now whilst I have power to the relay from the battery I have nothing beyond the relay and turning the key does nothing. All fuses have been double and treble checked. Bypassing the relay does crank the starter motor but still nothing to the dash.
Any and all help appreciated.

Many thanks.

Looks like the starter relay is goosed.

Small thermostat? Got any pictures?

Cheers for replying, the pic is of the thermostat. Even with a burned out starter relay on the dash still lit up on turning the ignition on. However since this incident there is now nothing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200906-194542.png
    694.9 KB · Views: 18
Have you checked the main fuses on the starter relay?

Daft question, but what position was the key in when you bypassed the starter relay?

As if it's not in the run position, the engine will crank over (until the battery runs out, or you burn out the starter), but there'll be nothing firing at the spark plugs.

we used to get similar on outboard motors when they went ----, you'd have to disconnect the kill circuit first so you could get them started.

Hi,when you say thermostat,is it possible it is a flasher relay?
The loom adjacent,looks like it has been re-taped,has there been other issues?

Reply to My motorbike has no power. Battery charged, fuses checked, power is going to the starter rely but not beyond....please help. in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net