Discuss Need help with a discrete semiconductor diagram! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

prymal

Solved. Thankyou.

Attachments

• Ohm meditation.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like some kind of homework? At least I struggle to see the point of the circuit, plus it is quite badly drawn, why is the top 9V rail not just drawn as one straight line?

So Branch 2, current = (9.0 - 0.7) / 1.0k = 8.3mA, and power in R9 = 8.3 x 8.3 mW = 69mW
Branch 5, current = (9.0 - 1.4) / 560 = 13.5mA, etc. (assuming also 0.7V for the LEDs).

I'm sure you can repeat the calculations for the other branches.

Yeah your right, it is homework. I completely agree with you, the diagram just confused me with the way that it was drawn.

Thank you for your help, very much appreciated!

Thats an easy one - for all intensive purposes treat the LEDs as having 0v Drop as you dont have any information regarding them!
Like said above that drawing is beyond!

I will do the first 1 for you and you can do the rest!

R1 + R2 + R3 = Voltage drop of 9v
R1+R2+R3 = 13k ohms - 0.69k volts per kohm (rounded off!)
R1 = 6.92v drop (rounded off!)
R2 = 0.69v drop (rounded off!)
R3 = 1.38v drop (rounded off!)
v1 + v2 + v3 = 9v

Current Drop - ohms law!
V=IR
I = V/R
R1 = 9/10k
= 0.9mA

You can do the rest!

my opinion is that there should NEVER be genuine questions like this from students (in an ideal world). However, being that I Told my useless lecturer to eff off once he did a half decent lecture whilst being observed, then returned to being a useless ****ttt, I can understand the enquiry.

Unfortunately, people like Alan Thomas at Neath College are letting people down by hiding behind sham assessments of their ability and relying on learner's own desire to accumulate knowledge for themselves.

Note to Alan - although I was forced to apologize to you, I didn't mean it. You are a complete joke of a lecturer, and everything I learned, i learned off my own back from reading the book.

I had the same with my lecture who thought me my 17th Edition - he didn't even know the material himself so how on earth could he teach us it? - he was using the BRB not BGB!

He then thought us 2391 and again teaching us from the wrong book!

The number of times students corrected him was beyond a joke - he was made to take an early retirement @ 45 after several of us complained!

I also had an 3rd year student with me last summer - the useless t*** could not even wire up a flipping socket not long hang some trunking straight!

Reply to Need help with a discrete semiconductor diagram! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net