Discuss Neon fused Spur for dishwasher in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

carlsreef

Hi Everyone

First post so don't be to harsh on me.

Have a 13A neon fused spur for a dishwasher put in by a spark in 2.5mm.

The dishwasher is an old mela variety with a cold feed.

The neon area around the switch, the load outlet is also behind it is becoming quite warm in operation and then cooling down. I guess this is when drawing current to heat water.

My question is, is this normal or is the cable too small or possibly something else?

Many thanks for your help.

Possibly a poor termination inside the switch. You should get an electrician to check it out, worst case scenario it could start to burn one day.

Connections also overheat if they're overtightened. I would completely cut back the wires by a centimeter or two and reterminate again. If this doesn't help then check the voltdrop across the switch contacts whilst the machine is running and heating, if necessary replace the isolator switch. This is a job for someone with experience, if you're not an electrician it is dangerous to do anything to a circuit that's live.

Reply to Neon fused Spur for dishwasher in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I wonder if any one can give me some advice. I live in a fairly new build house it's 11 years old. In our kitchen there is a fused spur switch on...
Replies
Views
Hi, Have normal fused immersion heater switch. I would like to add a smart wifi switch to it so when my Solar is producing over 3k spare, going...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Hopefully someone wiser than me can help explain some odd measurements I’ve taken at my own home. This is a long read, I’ve tried to give as much...
Replies
Views
Hi all I just had an electrician around to install a 6400W induction hob. Honestly I'm a little worried as to the job done. Also I noticed some...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock