Discuss New career skills (court action)?? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wonder how long this thread can last....

I give it another page, maybe 2 if we're looking before someone takes it too far and it gets closed lol.

I was left money an at a vulnerable time I think the salesman seen that an went in all guns blazing and I agree with Phoenix that advertising should be regulated then you would truly understand what you are signing up for!! But hey ho a very hard lesson learnt and I hope others read this thread an learn from it, take the only route which is college and not these Electrical Trainee!

Hi Des, I have registered with a few agencies, I am in South Wales but work is few an far between at the moment this side of the bridge and no I have not registered with any of the schemes as they just want money again from you and yes I do have a CsCs card! I work in the construction trade any way but the electricians I know are tight for work and don't have the room for an extra body!!

Believe me,I know where you are coming from, literally
icon6.png

It may well be the case that you are down the list with your applications at the moment,but times change and with it the demands of the employers
Also opportunity can open up sometimes when you least expect them to
What sector are you trying to enter?

When you listen to electricians talk BULL**** like this, it really makes you think,

HOW THE HELL DO THEY GET AWAY WITH IT..........fume...

Barry Trained As An Electrician With NCS - YouTube

HAHAHAHA, if anyone on this site in the hampshire area knows that bellend then please jab him from all of us here at electriciansforums.co.uk

What a complete load of tosh. Barry, you're not an electrician.

Isit just me or is his tote empty? Mines bigger than that and nearlly ways a ton lol

Marvo, how much in backhanders to keep this thread open?

I can see your on the prowl mate :p

I'm not going to close it unless it starts becoming a moderating liability. We have a whole sub-forum for Electrical Courses Feedback so I've just relocated it to the correct place.

Believe me,I know where you are coming from, literally
icon6.png

It may well be the case that you are down the list with your applications at the moment,but times change and with it the demands of the employers
Also opportunity can open up sometimes when you least expect them to
What sector are you trying to enter?

i have been looking at companies that carry out maintenance as I don't have any 3ph experience but not much luck that's why I registered with a few agencies for an electricians mate in the hope that a long term contract my come up!! I appreciate your positivity Des an I do hope you are right about getting a call outta the blue!!

i have been looking at companies that carry out maintenance as I don't have any 3ph experience but not much luck that's why I registered with a few agencies for an electricians mate in the hope that a long term contract my come up!! I appreciate your positivity Des an I do hope you are right about getting a call outta the blue!!

Realise you've been done up like a kipper, Stuart, sorry and hope you get some decent work experience, which might lead to something further.
But, it's a nasty world these days, shysters who know nothing about the trade only interested in making money out of others. We've seen it all before and the game's on such a road now that I can't see decent recovery. If you get a chance, take it. Good luck.

Realise you've been done up like a kipper, Stuart, sorry and hope you get some decent work experience, which might lead to something further.
But, it's a nasty world these days, shysters who know nothing about the trade only interested in making money out of others. We've seen it all before and the game's on such a road now that I can't see decent recovery. If you get a chance, take it. Good luck.

Cheers ipf, I hope to get something even if it's temporary as like most are saying experience is key to employment and also the right route into the industry which is college! Which I WILL be going through no matter what it takes!!!

NCS certainly use some cheesy videos to promote themselves and some of it has obviously rubbed off on Nigel with the video he uses to promote his business on his company website

I find some of the comments made in the NCS videos very misleading "there is a shortage of 35,000 electricians" if we are so short of sparks where is all the work and the fact they use ex electricians to give the training must tell people it's not that rosie on the tools, not quite sure what sort of conscience these ex sparks have when they are knowingly sending people out in to the industry they know so woefully under trained

Feel sorry for these people that are taken in by these missold training scams but a couple of things spring to mind "if it looks to good to be true then it is too good to be true" and "caveat emptor (let the buyer beware)" it is all to easy to be taken in by these people with the promise of rich pickings

I think the OP is the first of many to admit it has all gone wrong

HAHAHAHA, if anyone on this site in the hampshire area knows that bellend then please jab him from all of us here at electriciansforums.co.uk

What a complete load of tosh. Barry, you're not an electrician.

Isit just me or is his tote empty? Mines bigger than that and nearlly ways a ton lol

Every time I lighten mine and bung a load of bits I don't use as often in my carry box, it gets stupidly heavy again within a week or so. It's a nightmare. Fat ----- looks like he's got about 3 things in his.

As normally happens when I end up looking at youtube after watching the NCS videos I got diverted off to looking at the related videos

Found this one How To Become An Electrician - YouTube the guy reckons he's been a spark for 25 years but doesn't apparently know what second fix is about a minute in

Just seen it and the 2nd fix comment,all I can say is,oh dear

Towards the end,the massive skills shortage and the fantastic pay is mentioned

Oh and just to add, my old friends the Niceic,I notice they got their mention.
Mind you,I suppose that's whats usually to be expected from them

Yep those cheesy vids should have been the eye opener for me just seem to be the same vids for the last four or five years!! Trying to find as much information on Ncs as possible to see if I have a case at all?? Keeping my fingers crossed :/

Reply to New career skills (court action)?? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net