Discuss New Mobile Phone time....!! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

DurhamSparky

well now my contract is up for renewal what shall i do..??

currently have Blackberry 9105 (pearl) slim line and handy on the Orange network

im looking to get rid of having 1 number for personal and business and having a business phone and a personal phone that i can turn off at weekends

Orange have offered me the original i phone 4 for a decent price a month £21.60 which will be handy as i can do my certs on the go with a iphone and still get my emails..!

might get the BB 9900 on Vodafone for personal stuff though! better reception and all round network coverage!

any thoughts??

one of the windows 7 phones there is a lot more compatable software than there is for Iphone and Iphone cant do PDF or Flash

one of the windows 7 phones there is a lot more compatable software than there is for Iphone and Iphone cant do PDF or Flash

What do you mean can't do PDF, the phone reads them as a default. The flash thing is a red herring as that's never a problem

I had a bb from when they first hit the uk and windows phones and none of them come close to the iPhone for productivity (or entertainment)

*edit* I tried the business and personal phone for a while and it doesn't work you'll always get creep to your personal number. Best just to have the one and use your voicemail a lot at the weekends/evenings, if you do get an iPhone download hullomail which as well as giving you a text notification also emails the voicemail to you so you can filter out which message to listen to

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta be the iPhone, most versatile phone in my opinion, who cares about a flash player ?

As for PDF it does allow PDF files to be viewed in iBooks app

Can you not go onto the Orange business plan? they supply some sort of landline mobile (i know doesnt make sense) i heard the advert on the radio, i think its some sort of virtual business landline that diverts to your personal phone

Failing that you could just get a cheap as cheap £10 a month contract with a crap phone and divert all calls to your personal (iPhone) during the day, and take the divert off on weekends, would save you a bit of cash?

treat yourself to one of these beauties
Old+Mobile+Phones+01.jpg

samsung galaxy 2 best bits of kit going!!
i am on a £35 a month 12 month contract through Carphone warehouse and talk Mobile
1000 text
300mins talk
unlimited download. i have downloaded 70 page reports and no extra

very fast and looks good.

Reply to New Mobile Phone time....!! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net