Discuss New Trades Career in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

How do you mean offered?

Training centres take anybody on. Why would they offer you a course? Sounds fishy.

Which actual qualifications are you looking to get and what actual job do you want at the end of gaining them?

Welcome to the forum BTW. :) Thanks for signing up.
I think again that what is being said is misconstrued! Doesn't matter
My course has expired (36 months) in spite of last year 12 months or so when they didn't provide any clasroom lessons as stated in contract due to restrictions also no options to take exams either over last 12 months as far as i know.

I find it appalling they want £400 extra to extend my study for further 12 months!!!
They also failed to provide my learning materials in last month before my course expired
What have you got to do mate to finish as in how far have you got?

I wasn't offered any exams yet. Been waiting for centres to open since March last year...
As i mentioned before ive paid them an awful lot of money in 36 months now only to have access denied to learning platform on day 1 after 36 months. There was absolutely no contact whatsoever from tutors or providers to ask is something happened or to offer an extension to get me a chance to finish my course. They literally cut me off on first day. And as I said they want now to make a £400 bank transfer to a third party (which is no where mentioned in any of my documents) to get back access for an extra 12 months.

This is the big issue. Dodgy practices. I have to seek some legal advice now. I can't pay £400 to some random Ltd after I paid them £6500 and I'm still paying £180 for next 6 months or so.

I've submitted my tma 14 about 2 months ago and i haven't received any other materials since then. I haven't heard from them either at all. They don't care apparently. So yeah I'm £6500 lighter at the moment and i got exactly 3 books from them and a bag with a bunch of papers.

Surely you have attempted to contact them over the last 12 months to find out what's going on, presumably the pandemic is the cause of the interruption to your training?
If you have, then write a letter to the CEO explaining your position, and that you have attempted to communicate but got no response. Then calmly state what you expect him/her to do about it, whether that be to extend the course that you have paid for but not received, or at least a partial refund.
Attach any proof of your attempts to communicate.

I wasn't even aware that my course will expire in first week when the colleges will go back to class. I didn't contacted anyone. I've watched them videos. Attended live trainings when i was able to. And I've been waiting patiently like everyone for lockdown to end and exams to restart...
What evidence you want? Look i was supposed to attend another live training yesterday, which obviously i couldn't because I was blocked to access the platform about 2 weeks ago.

I've phoned them 2 weeks ago to query what happened and they sent me a text with a link to request access back to my account and that was all. 2 days ago i received a letter through post from an unknown company requesting a £400 bank transfer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210318-112500_Rider.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 5
I wasn't even aware that my course will expire in first week when the colleges will go back to class. I didn't contacted anyone. I've watched them videos. Attended live trainings when i was able to. And I've been waiting patiently like everyone for lockdown to end and exams to restart...
What evidence you want? Look i was supposed to attend another live training yesterday, which obviously i couldn't because I was blocked to access the platform about 2 weeks ago.

I've phoned them 2 weeks ago to query what happened and they sent me a text with a link to request access back to my account and that was all. 2 days ago i received a letter through post from an unknown company requesting a £400 bank transfer.
In that case I'm not sure what to advise. If it was me I'd have been on their case long before now.
Might be worth consulting Citizen's Advice.

I wasn't offered any exams yet. Been waiting for centres to open since March last year...
As i mentioned before ive paid them an awful lot of money in 36 months now only to have access denied to learning platform on day 1 after 36 months. There was absolutely no contact whatsoever from tutors or providers to ask is something happened or to offer an extension to get me a chance to finish my course. They literally cut me off on first day. And as I said they want now to make a £400 bank transfer to a third party (which is no where mentioned in any of my documents) to get back access for an extra 12 months.

This is the big issue. Dodgy practices. I have to seek some legal advice now. I can't pay £400 to some random Ltd after I paid them £6500 and I'm still paying £180 for next 6 months or so.

I've submitted my tma 14 about 2 months ago and i haven't received any other materials since then. I haven't heard from them either at all. They don't care apparently. So yeah I'm £6500 lighter at the moment and i got exactly 3 books from them and a bag with a bunch of papers.
I have never had any issues with them even though the pandemic has caused a lot of problems with everything which has been out of their control. I have just got my head down with the modules and online stuff as it's not the colleges fault. My tutor has always got back to me with any questions I've had.

I have never had any issues with them even though the pandemic has caused a lot of problems with everything which has been out of their control. I have just got my head down with the modules and online stuff as it's not the colleges fault. My tutor has always got back to me with any questions I've had.
I agree it's been out of their control, however kicking out students after 1 year of pandemic when no exams been available for nearly 12 months and asking £400 extra is just pathetic.
All banks and creditors offered delayed payments or lower payments, this company they worked with refused to offer any sort of payment ease option. I had to make extreme efforts to keep up payments in last 12 months ... all in vain because I don't know where to find the extra £400 to finish my course

I agree it's been out of their control, however kicking out students after 1 year of pandemic when no exams been available for nearly 12 months and asking £400 extra is just pathetic.
All banks and creditors offered delayed payments or lower payments, this company they worked with refused to offer any sort of payment ease option. I had to make extreme efforts to keep up payments in last 12 months ... all in vain because I don't know where to find the extra £400 to finish my course
I dont think it's a fair reflection to blame the college on the financial side of things..The loan that they help us with is a separate organisation so that's not down to the college.

I dont think it's a fair reflection to blame the college on the financial side of things..The loan that they help us with is a separate organisation so that's not down to the college.
That's irrelevant. The college is at fault for not providing either good communication or continuity of service. The college is the organisation that has taken the client's money, irrespective of whether that's through a third party.

That also depends on how consistent you've been. 3 years is a long time for you to pass and if you are still not finished even though the pandemic has caused mayhem the college has still provided tons of online live training to compensate. Don't think the blame is wholy the colleges mate.

That also depends on how consistent you've been. 3 years is a long time for you to pass and if you are still not finished even though the pandemic has caused mayhem the college has still provided tons of online live training to compensate. Don't think the blame is wholy the colleges mate.
I don't think the college is wholly to blame either. My point was just that the method of payment is irrelevant. It's the college that is demanding the extra £400, not the credit agency.
Bottom line- there has not been enough communication in either direction between the OP and the college.
If the OP wants to take it further, discussing the matter on an electrician's forum will perhaps give some pointers, but it will only be resolved by communication with the college, followed by getting professional legal advice.

Last year out of 3 has been shut pretty much all year. How can one take his exams when no exams were offered. So all those 2 years of learning plus last year of 'tons of online training' is useless because the college didn't invite almost any students to take their exams in this past year.
You can't kick out students for this kind of reasons! Any fair teaching institution have taken measures to grade their students. This college could offer students an extra year to finish all exams if they can't grade them online.

By the way that 'tons of online live training' is limited. Personally I didn't get any access to level 3 learning in this period. I could have learned at least part of the level 3 courses. All i got from this college was premises that we will get to sit exams once the government will allow it. And now they are seeking £400 extra for that. Very dodgy practice sorry

I don't think the college is wholly to blame either. My point was just that the method of payment is irrelevant. It's the college that is demanding the extra £400, not the credit agency.
Bottom line- there has not been enough communication in either direction between the OP and the college.
If the OP wants to take it further, discussing the matter on an electrician's forum will perhaps give some pointers, but it will only be resolved by communication with the college, followed by getting professional legal advice.
I agree however there are so many ready to slate a company that has detrimental outcomes not just for the organisation but also for those who are looking to find a training institution. There are always two sides to every story !! and all the backlash for NTC in my experience and what I personally know to be true are a false representation. For all the comments I've seen saying its a scam and don't trust them has never been more from the truth if what my experience has been..In fact in comparrison to a course I did with LCB this is far superior. I just think you need to monitor what is actually said based on factual evidence and not just hearsay, its all one sided. So anyone looking to train, don't base your decision on someone else's opinion that you don't know the whole story to. Jmo!

I'm not the OP here. I've seen the original questions and had my input, defending the NTC actually. My issue with them is very recent. Less than 2 weeks. And about the extra payment they asking I've only found 3 days ago.
I will call them Monday of course and seek a resolution, obviously i will not walk away after I've paid (still paying..) £180*43 months.

I'm not the OP here. I've seen the original questions and had my input, defending the NTC actually. My issue with them is very recent. Less than 2 weeks. And about the extra payment they asking I've only found 3 days ago.
I will call them Monday of course and seek a resolution, obviously i will not walk away after I've paid (still paying..) £180*43 months.
Then I would suggest you rephrase your original post stating not to touch NTC because your experience is not a reflection of every one else's and is a misrepresentation of the College as a whole!

Then I would suggest you rephrase your original post stating not to touch NTC because your experience is not a reflection of every one else's and is a misrepresentation of the College as a whole!
I never said that and i never used those words!
An this issue is actual, I've paid them £6540 exactly so far, they only provided half of the materials as of today, and did not invite me for any kind of exams so far, partly because of pandemic. However first day of year 4 they literally kicked me out without any sort of warning and blocked my learning and all ways of communication with them, i had to dig through my old papers to find a phone number starting with 08xxxx. It didn't matter whatsoever that all class courses were completely cancelled, or no centre trainings been provided at all in last 12 months. If in April 2020 centres were opened my training would have been finished today including the level 3 bit.

@Theluxecrew i have not contributed to this thread, but just read through it.

Any company should be subject to reviews. This site is good to get individual views on there experiences of learning colleges.

good colleges tend not to end up on this site as it’s normally the individuals who have or think they have had poor service that shout the loudest.
However sometimes I accept that it may be the fault of the student and not the college, but a good college would try to resolve the issue to avoid poor reviews in the future.

I see you are a college tutor on your profile. Which college are you tutoring at the moment?
I ask because if it is the same college that is being discussed here maybe you could look into this particular grievance or point the aggrieved in the right direction.

@Driver you need to contact the college in question and sort this before you alienate yourself to such an extent they will not listen. Slagging the college at this stage is not helpful.
Saying that if after you have contacted the college and your not happy with response come back and give your opinion with there response. It’s more constructive that way.

Reply to New Trades Career in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net