• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Discuss Pictures of bad installs wanted in the Solar PV Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

danzor

Forum Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
DIY
What's wrong with that? Just bill the customer again when you get called out again!

MCS Renewables

Solar Guru
We don`t have ANY bad installs but are starting a shadow company called Renewable-Rescue as so many people have appalling installations , with cheap POLY Chinese rubbish that we think there is a massive market over the next few years to put these right. Especially when the train jumpers sod off back to selling conservatorys, mobile phones and skateboards.

Last edited by a moderator:

babba

Regular EF Member
I love my double glazing and the salesman gave me a good discount. I dont think there are many bad installs out there.

screwdriver

Electrician's Arms
Solar Guru
I got two down our way which have been installed directly behind the chimney and get permanent shading on 2 or 3 panels all day! what I couldn't understand was one house had 6e 6w where it could have just had 12 on the east roof with zero shading. I keep on meaning to knock on the door and ask who did it......... I am sure it is sometimes down to customer preference but I feel sorry if these guys were poorly advised.

moggy1968

Electrician's Arms
This has to be the dodgiest install I've ever seen. I don't even think MCS Renewables could sort this out unless they went up there with a JCB and knocked the house next door down.
WTF!!! PMSL!!
and someone paid for this, OMG!!

solarsparkie

Regular EF Member
lol roof monkey had a bad attack of vertigo that day , still if there is a hurricaine in downtown brentwood next weekend he's going to look pretty smug !

This has to be the dodgiest install I've ever seen. I don't even think MCS Renewables could sort this out unless they went up there with a JCB and knocked the house next door down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers
Electrical Insurance
ElectriciansForums.net (formerly known as ElectriciansForums.co.uk) was setup in April 2006 to provide free electrical advice to both professional and DIY electricians. Whether seeking advice for auto electrics, trying to find electrical installation condition reports (EICR) form downloads, or whether you're here just to talk to other electricians; we've been a first-choice website for tens of thousands of sparkies for well over a decade.