Discuss PIR cost in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sparkydan

Hi

Does anybody know what people are charging to do a periodic inspection report on an average 3 bedroom house these days?

been asked to do one tomorrow by someone thats had a go of rewiring a house there self, god knows what im gonna find.

I think his after an installation cert for part p because building control is involved as there has been an extension to the property but obviously i cant do that.

does a periodic thats successful cover part p ?

Yeah ill give them a ring, his gonna have to have a PIR now anyway as no one can issue a Installation cert as his done it himself.

I normally charge around £180, labc normally charge around £120

It would be cheaper to have the labc carry out a pir.

If building control have been involved due to an extension, and they have recieved payment, then no further payment would be due to them to carry out an electrical inspection and testing of the installation. Be it by thier own electricians, or contracted out to another contractor. This is law to which all labc have to adeher to, although they will try their uptmost to try and get the customer to part with more monies. :)

Thanks trix

Ill see what they say in the morning, ill be doing myself out of a job if they will do it cheaper or if its covered in what his already paid but i guess its best to be honest.

Hi

Does anybody know what people are charging to do a periodic inspection report on an average 3 bedroom house these days?

been asked to do one tomorrow by someone thats had a go of rewiring a house there self, god knows what im gonna find.

I think his after an installation cert for part p because building control is involved as there has been an extension to the property but obviously i cant do that.

does a periodic thats successful cover part p ?
someone local to me has just started advertising in our local paper, £60 for a PIR :eek::eek:
i wonder how many faults he finds and puts right for a few quid extra :rolleyes:

Someone i know was doing them for £80 for a housing assotiation but all he done was tought a young lad how to right the certs out and make up the results, he was doing about 7 a day and was back home by 1 but he wouldnt spend more than 20 mins in each property just jotting down the circuit chart and board characteristics count no. of points and back out the door and they have been getting away with this for yrs and earning a fortune.

Someone i know was doing them for £80 for a housing assotiation but all he done was tought a young lad how to right the certs out and make up the results, he was doing about 7 a day and was back home by 1 but he wouldnt spend more than 20 mins in each property just jotting down the circuit chart and board characteristics count no. of points and back out the door and they have been getting away with this for yrs and earning a fortune.
:eek::eek: rather him than me

Reply to PIR cost in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net