Discuss Ploughcroft Renewables in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I don't think that's going to be his new company, that's a regional renewables partnership body that he's probably on the board of or something.

it's only recently been set up - seems to be seperate from Yorkshire and Humber Microgeneration Partnership and he's a director according to Companies House along with Bill Edrich and 2 others I haven't heard of.

Its the numbers game ....I'm in this for the long term I can see past this little bleep. Solar is part of of future energy stability, we need it to build a secure energy source non reliant on Geo-political events. Iran and the middle east are the big problem at the moment.

Its the numbers game ....I'm in this for the long term I can see past this little bleep. Solar is part of of future energy stability, we need it to build a secure energy source non reliant on Geo-political events. Iran and the middle east are the big problem at the moment.

I know that, you know that - unfortunately, George Osbourne is as tight as a budgie's knee cap and half of the rest of the party can't see beyond the next two years. Amongst them there are far too many climate change skeptics. I can't see us pulling out of this lull until the Conservative party is out of the way.

I know that, you know that - unfortunately, George Osbourne is as tight as a budgie's knee cap and half of the rest of the party can't see beyond the next two years. Amongst them there are far too many climate change skeptics. I can't see us pulling out of this lull until the Conservative party is out of the way.

The Lib Dems are now talking to labour....

Utter greed. No sympathy for him or any other company who threw everything they haven't got (ie borrowed money) at this industry in the hope of getting rich quick. No interest for the industry or its victims, just trying to suck the industry and its over generous financial incentives dry.

REAL need to step in here and make a point of preventing his proposal from happening, after all, no REAL no MCS so no FiTs.

I hope to god people are not stupid enough to buy from this company (or whatever they call themselves) again. He took a gamble and it looks like it didn't pay off, such is life but don't try and take other's with different intentions down with you.

Ploughcroft Building Services has confirmed that it has entered administration and has been sold to a new company.

The renewable energy installer was sold to Ploughcroft Ltd, which is headed up by the former owner of the business, Chris Hopkins. Mr Hopkins will continue to trade through the new company after having acquired all the company's assets and goodwill.

surely is work is slow and money is tight why would you start up again with 120 installers?
Mr Hopkins is expected to set Ploughcroft Ltd up with 120 solar installers and is planning on establishing a customer helpline to encourage more business.

"Financial problems were blamed for the business administration after successive cuts to the Feed-in Tariff solar power subsidies saw trade filter off as customers either defaulted on payments or went out of business themselves."

Are these the same cuts that Mr Hopkins claimed were an excellent idea? :1eye:

Meanwhile some of us will have lost work to him as he undercut us. I know life isn't fair but it doesn't seem to pay to be decent!

companies house says ploughcroft limited was disolved, probably when the dragons got involved creating a new ltd company, he's now using ploughcroft ltd, again or as good as, what an easy way to dodge your responsibilities, wish us plebs had it so easy in business.

Reply to Ploughcroft Renewables in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net