Discuss Ploughcroft Renewables in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I know Chris Hopkins personally and can assure you that the only person Chris Hopkins gives a flying one about is Chris Hopkins, he wont care in the slightest if it takes another company down with him aslong as he doesn't have to now legally pay anything.

How can anyone ever take him serious in business ever again?

its just not right is it?

ive just had a read of jasons link post 31! im furious chris hopkin should be in court for fraud i would like to know how much he went for he must have a long list of creditors.

ive been on the recieving end of a loosr like him and no it isnt right its immoral to the trustworthy how can he set up again with same name almost and have such amount of cash to work with obviously the money is from the company hes just drained.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know Chris Hopkins personally and can assure you that the only person Chris Hopkins gives a flying one about is Chris Hopkins, he wont care in the slightest if it takes another company down with him aslong as he doesn't have to now legally pay anything.

How can anyone ever take him serious in business ever again?

the banks loose out also and back them again in the new company they have money to waste, i know someone who went under for 7 million and the banks did exactly the same backed him again gave him an open chequebook.

I got caught once by Eddie Mitchell who did this legal bankruptcy stunt at least six times with different sets of tradespeople with house building on and around Sandbanks. He just kept getting richer and richer and at least two carpenters I know lost their homes.
He is now the chairman of AFC Bournemouth and lives like a lord.

Eddie Mitchell: a fit and proper chairman for Bournemouth? | Natter Football

it's legal and its the law that needs changing ....

I thought you couldn't be a director of another company if you'd gone bust, it's unbelievable!
Eddie Mitchel, oh yeh, heard of him! He owns the restaurant down Poole Park now, very nice.

I thought you couldn't be a director of another company if you'd gone bust, it's unbelievable!
Eddie Mitchel, oh yeh, heard of him! He owns the restaurant down Poole Park now, very nice.

Only if you are disqualified by the court. Quite rare and would have to be something really serious.

Here's his current and past directorships:

Yorkshire and Humber Microgeneration Partnership Community Interest Company / Director, Company Director / 16 Aug 2012 — Present
Blue Grebe Ltd (Dissolved) / Director, Director / 17 Jun 2009 — Present / Dormant
Red Grebe Ltd (Dissolved) / Director, Director / 17 Jun 2009 — Present / Dormant
Rooferman Limited / Director, Director / 24 Jul 2008 — Present
Eco-Roof Centre Ltd (Non-Trading) / Director, Director / 22 Mar 2006 — Present / Dormant
Ploughcroft Building Services Limited / Director, Director / 26 Nov 2002 — Present
Ren-O-Vate Plus Limited (Dissolved) / Director, Director / 2 Jun 1992 — Present
Yorkshire Independent Roofing Training Group Limited / Director, Director / 23 Oct 2007 — 16 Mar 2010

Here are the 'current' directors of Ploughcroft Building Services Limited
Helen Michelle Hopkins (48) Company Secretary, No Function 8 Apr 2005 – Present (7 years, 5 months, 19 days) Current 2 2
Christopher Sean Hopkins (41) Director, Director 26 Nov 2002 – Present (9 years, 10 months, 1 day) Current 5 3

So when he says
Ploughcroft Building Services has confirmed that it has entered administration and has been sold to a new company.

The renewable energy installer was sold to Ploughcroft Ltd, which is headed up by the former owner of the business, Chris Hopkins. Mr Hopkins will continue to trade through the new company after having acquired all the company's assets and goodwill.

What he means is me and the misses decided over a bottle of vino to sell it all to ourselves for £1 and let all our employess and suppliers take the hit for our greed.

Here's his current and past directorships:

Yorkshire and Humber Microgeneration Partnership Community Interest Company / Director, Company Director / 16 Aug 2012 — Present
Blue Grebe Ltd (Dissolved) / Director, Director / 17 Jun 2009 — Present / Dormant
Red Grebe Ltd (Dissolved) / Director, Director / 17 Jun 2009 — Present / Dormant
Rooferman Limited / Director, Director / 24 Jul 2008 — Present
Eco-Roof Centre Ltd (Non-Trading) / Director, Director / 22 Mar 2006 — Present / Dormant
Ploughcroft Building Services Limited / Director, Director / 26 Nov 2002 — Present
Ren-O-Vate Plus Limited (Dissolved) / Director, Director / 2 Jun 1992 — Present
Yorkshire Independent Roofing Training Group Limited / Director, Director / 23 Oct 2007 — 16 Mar 2010

Here are the 'current' directors of Ploughcroft Building Services Limited
Helen Michelle Hopkins (48) Company Secretary, No Function 8 Apr 2005 – Present (7 years, 5 months, 19 days) Current 2 2
Christopher Sean Hopkins (41) Director, Director 26 Nov 2002 – Present (9 years, 10 months, 1 day) Current 5 3

So when he says

What he means is me and the misses decided over a bottle of vino to sell it all to ourselves for £1 and let all our employess and suppliers take the hit for our greed.

That is most likely word for word what will of happened, like i say he cares about no one but himself, aslong as he gets his money then so what if the little man loses his house

i dont know how the scumbag sleeps at night

I heard today that Evo Energy are in the same situation. Yet to find anything on the net about it.

One of the top installers of solar power in the UK, EvoEnergy, has decided to join The Green Deal Finance Company. This comes after they received a £7 million loan from the Department of Energy and Climate Change.

Nice advertorial, as expected being painted as the victim.

I am seriously concerned we are loosing our competitiveness by sticking to our morals. Looks like we are going to have to put our business head on and do what is best for us in the coming months.

Mr Hopkins said he didn’t know the exact value of the losses that creditors would incur, adding that it is now in the hands of administrators.
that old chestnut again i wonder how many times hes said that? also hes getting publicity which he shouldnt be

I hope you guys do bump into him at the next trade fair and let him know, preferably infront of his potential clients, what you think of him

Its not exactly positive publicity though is it?

it doesnt matter dansk!! hes making out hes a victim of the coalition well im sorry but if that is true we ALL have a claim to put in against the decc
hes planted a seed saying customers have had there payments back causing all his downfall which isnt the case.The publicity is one sided from him no one else saying errr hang on a minute these are the true facts.

Reply to Ploughcroft Renewables in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net