Discuss Ploughcroft Renewables in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Power to the cottage industry installers waiting to pounce, let's see how this shambles pans out from January.

Anyone became green deal approved as installer or advisor yet?

Only just seen this!
I had an install by Ploughcroft in February.
How do I stand with any warranty now? Or is it a case of not?

EDIT

Just checked my pack and I have a QANW SolarCare insurance backed guarantee which covers the 10 years Ploughcroft stated they would.
Hopefully there shouldn't be anything I'll need to claim for apart from potentially the inverter which I've got a 20 year guarantee with direct with Fronius.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only just seen this!
I had an install by Ploughcroft in February.
How do I stand with any warranty now? Or is it a case of not?

Assuming ploughcrofts new company is not honouring any old warrentys then you should have insurance protection via REAL (QNAW) for example or IWA maybe.

Ahhh, bumhats - I think my installer has pulled a fast one with regards the insurance. I have no documents other than some pathetic piece of A4 saying its guaranteed for 10 years by themselves - yet they claim to be members of REAL...

Assuming ploughcrofts new company is not honouring any old warrentys then you should have insurance protection via REAL (QNAW) for example or IWA maybe.
yep, which effectively means that the rest of us will be picking up the tab for ploughcrofts warranties through our premiums in years to come.

Cheers Chris, much appreciated.

yep, which effectively means that the rest of us will be picking up the tab for ploughcrofts warranties through our premiums in years to come.

Cheers Chris, much appreciated.

I'm pretty sure there wont be any warranty issues, he's often said that he's the best PV installer in the history of time or something along those lines.

I'd forgotten how much this annoyed me a few months ago, Chris Hopkins should be facing criminal charges and Ploughcroft should be despised by all, I cant imagine how they can possibly be getting any business after what they've done.

They have a brand name and can say they've been featured on national TV. Most folk wouldn't know that they've also been thru liquidation as that's hardly something their rep would brag about during the sales process.

Reply to Ploughcroft Renewables in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net